Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kids HS Graduation...gift?
Quote | Reply
Did you get anything meaningful or give your kids a gift for high school graduation? Daughter graduates next month, I want to get her something but not sure what. My parents gave me a little money way back, they were poor so it wasn’t much. Any thoughts on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Kids HS Graduation...gift? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an awesome coffee maker that followed me through college and grad school and my first job. Black and decker made coffee straight into a travel mug. Perhaps the gift in my life I have used the most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parents bought me a car. Not brand new but about five years old with 50,000 miles.

What about a summer trip or something that she can use for college?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the plans after graduation?

My parents didn't give my a HS gift but upon graduation from college they gave me something like $500, which basically went to a mattress and deposit for an apartment.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids HS Graduation...gift? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
What are the plans after graduation?

My parents didn't give my a HS gift but upon graduation from college they gave me something like $500, which basically went to a mattress and deposit for an apartment.
She will be working this summer and starting Fall classes at local tech college. Said she wants to do something in radiology.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for a nice piece of jewelry. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, watch - you know her best. Simple and classic so it will still be wearable 30 years from now. Depending on what it is you can get it engraved to commemorate the occasion.

I'm usually a "practical gift" person, but this seems like the right time for something a little more memorable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's more of an 18th Birthday gift than a HS Graduation gift, but the two events generally occur close to each other.

Open a Roth IRA for them and kick it off with an initial contribution. Set them on a path of lifelong investing.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parents got me a nice set of luggage for HS graduation. I used the crap out of it for nearly 20 years. It's something they probably wouldn't ever buy for themselves, and most kids don't have their "own" set of luggage yet - but will find themselves needing it really soon. I'm getting my nephew a set for his HS graduation next month. Nothing crazy fancy, but a nice set that he won't be embarrassed to use.
Quote Reply