Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And in other news, Asbel Kiprob Banned 4 yrs
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: And in other news, Asbel Kiprob Banned 4 yrs [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I don't know what to make of so many Africans getting caught. We thought the results were from nature, running to school and altitude. I don't think they would need to dope to beat non-Africans. Are they doping to beat fellow Africans?

It's a shame. Even a modest income from professional running would set them up in their home countries where family and friends could live off their success too.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: And in other news, Asbel Kiprob Banned 4 yrs [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of rumors from Kenyan athletes over the last 10 years.
Former cycling doctors/coaches who provide "vitamin injections" for a cut of race winnings.
Some athletes claim not to know the contents of the injections. It would be naive to believe that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should go look at the number of tests that countries give its athletes or lack of tests they adminster. There were some African countries and Jamaica that didn’t test a single athlete for 6+ months.

Of course testing your own athletes is paid by your own country most of time beyond in comp testing etc so I can totally see why some countries turn a blind eye. What I find so odd is that there isn’t an standard of tests that countries are required they literally can do whatever they want it seems.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So now, both the Gold and Silver medalists from 2008 are thrown out for guilty of doping. I guess he gets to keep his medal because he wasn't caught until 10 years later...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: And in other news, Asbel Kiprob Banned 4 yrs [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluntandy wrote:
Some athletes claim not to know the contents of the injections. It would be naive to believe that.

In what world do you accept an injection without knowing the contents? East Germany? I doubt if they have that much control over the athletes...

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: And in other news, Asbel Kiprob Banned 4 yrs [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
So now, both the Gold and Silver medalists from 2008 are thrown out for guilty of doping. I guess he gets to keep his medal because he wasn't caught until 10 years later...

And Nick misses out on what was likely a Gold medal at the Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes a certain level of naivety to not understand the motives for using non legal levels of performance enhancing drugs. I use that phrase with intention.

In racing a Tri, I use a wetsuit, not because I must, but because I can. I have swum 1500m in 64f water, without the slightest problem, so why are wetsuits legal at 74f or even 78f. You see anyone in the Olympics using a wetsuit in distance events.

On the bike I keep a legal distance and slingshot given every opportunity on the best bike I can afford.

On the run I pay for the best shoes I can, to give me the best ride for my abilities.

I take beetroot juice, caffeine, gel shots, you name it I got it. All the legal sides of PEDs.

And I'm doing it for free (heck I pay).

Winning won't set me up for life, make me a hero (just ask my kids) and I won't go down in history.

There are cheaters in every age group at every level in both sexes.

So ask me again why wouldn't you cheat if you could at that level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feck me! I've no idea my injections had EPO!!!

- No One Ever
Quote Reply