Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: God Bless America singer Kate Smith banned [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
DJRed wrote:
"We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

So I understand, the franchise that still trades on the name "Broad Street Bullies", the Red Army game, the mistreatment of Eric Lindros' concussions, and is in a sport where fighting is the most exciting thing that happens, is worried about its values as an organization.

They also seem to have no problem playing in an arena named the Wells Fargo Center and have never commented on Wells Fargo's abuse of the CURRENT public https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/wells-fargo

Got it.

By the way, who the hell thinks of these things? Kate Smith has been dead for over 30 years. Thousands of people walk past that statue having no clue who it is, The current Flyers fan base barely knows the significance of the Smith version.

The same liberals who want to remove every statue and plaque honoring white (racist) leaders from the past 100-200 years. This removal is really not surprising. The Flyers are owned by Comcast which is run by the founder of the company Brian Roberts who is a big time golf buddy of Obama and given away who knows how much to support Democrats including Obama, Hillary, Kerry, etc etc. Comcast also runs the liberal democratic mouthpieces of NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, etc. This is the same MSNBC that made a point of promoting the dipshit Avenatti 81 times over a 10 week period last year. The local chapter of BLM has been pressuring Comcast for the past year to do this and they finally caved. So this is just another extension of Comcast's liberal Democrat philosophy.

Brian Roberts is/was not the founder of Comcast.
You know what I meant.....the son of the founder. But thanks for that contribution.
Quote Reply
Re: God Bless America singer Kate Smith banned [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
DJRed wrote:
"We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

So I understand, the franchise that still trades on the name "Broad Street Bullies", the Red Army game, the mistreatment of Eric Lindros' concussions, and is in a sport where fighting is the most exciting thing that happens, is worried about its values as an organization.

They also seem to have no problem playing in an arena named the Wells Fargo Center and have never commented on Wells Fargo's abuse of the CURRENT public https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/wells-fargo

Got it.

By the way, who the hell thinks of these things? Kate Smith has been dead for over 30 years. Thousands of people walk past that statue having no clue who it is, The current Flyers fan base barely knows the significance of the Smith version.

The same liberals who want to remove every statue and plaque honoring white (racist) leaders from the past 100-200 years. This removal is really not surprising. The Flyers are owned by Comcast which is run by the founder of the company Brian Roberts who is a big time golf buddy of Obama and given away who knows how much to support Democrats including Obama, Hillary, Kerry, etc etc. Comcast also runs the liberal democratic mouthpieces of NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, etc. This is the same MSNBC that made a point of promoting the dipshit Avenatti 81 times over a 10 week period last year. The local chapter of BLM has been pressuring Comcast for the past year to do this and they finally caved. So this is just another extension of Comcast's liberal Democrat philosophy.

You know what I meant.....the son of the founder. But thanks for that contribution.

GPD, GDP...
Quote Reply
Re: God Bless America singer Kate Smith banned [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Got it.

GPD, GDP...

Totally exonerated, totally guilty... you know what I meant.
Quote Reply
Re: God Bless America singer Kate Smith banned [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Got it.

GPD, GDP...

Totally exonerated, totally guilty... you know what I meant.

He meant to say he didn't know why it "wouldn't" be Brian Roberts....

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: God Bless America singer Kate Smith banned [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Columbus is celebrated for achievements that depended to a large degree on the sins he committed against humanity, whereas Michael just recorded and performed amazing music that had nothing to do with his sexual predation. So I'm OK with not celebrating Columbus Day, just as I would be OK with not seeing statues of Michael Jackson at performing art venues or museums. But to ban his music from sporting events or school plays or wherever seems a bit unnecessary and self defeating, when the art can be appreciated on its own merit.

Yes, but... I think you are missing an important component with the whole Columbus day thing. The desire to get rid of his day had at least as much to do with hating Western Civilization and white immigration to America as it did with any particular sin Columbus may have committed.

This Kate Smith issue is the same thing. It's 2019. Nobody cares about Kate Smith. All you have to do is talk to the people making this happen and it's so easy to see what they really care about.
Quote Reply

Prev Next