Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buy disc cover Europe
Quote | Reply
Once again the Internet Gods/shipping Gods/Whoever Gods to blame for this decide to open their cheeks and shit on Scandinavia. I'm currently living in Sweden and apparently Wheelbuilder.com won't ship their gods outside of the US. Amazon has yet to discover the North of Europe so that aint no option either.

Any recommendations?
Last edited by: Schnellinger: Apr 21, 19 3:16
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
Once again the Internet Gods/shipping Gods/Whoever Gods to blame for this decide to open their cheeks and shit on Scandinavia. I'm currently living in Sweden and apparently Wheelbuilder.com won't ship their gods outside of the US. Amazon has yet to discover the North of Europe so that aint no option either.

Any recommendations?

Very interested as well!
/another swede

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [Cerpan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a Swede ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
???? I got a disc cover shipped to France from Wheelbuilders. Don't see why they would not ship to Scandinavia. Did you REALLY go to the end of checkout/ordering ????
Last edited by: soll: Apr 21, 19 8:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
Any recommendations?

See if you can buy ~.015" fiberglass sheet and make your own. I used this: https://store.acpsales.com/...erglass-sheets-black

Or get some ABS sheet (.030" ?) which is what Wheelbuilder uses. ABS will be tougher but also heavier*. Fiberglass will be flatter.

Saw this place also: https://www.eplastics.com/G10NAT-016X24X48

Actually I just looked up the weights and .015" fiberglass should weigh about the same as the Wheelbuilder cover. If you use .010" it will be lighter, but if it's unsupported from the hub to a shallow rim I don't think it will be stiff enough.
Last edited by: rruff: Apr 21, 19 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried laminarcover.com or RalTech? They're both based in Europe.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [soll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soll wrote:
???? I got a disc cover shipped to France from Wheelbuilders. Don't see why they would not ship to Scandinavia. Did you REALLY go to the end of checkout/ordering ????

You're absolutely right. Not a problem to ship it here. 50USD and problem solved. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raltech cannot deliver for quite a while, the other might work but it’s away from cheap compared to wheelbuilder.
Since I’m in Europe too I went the DIY route with some plastic sheet. Maybe check a modeling/ artist store for help. It’s not rocket science to do it and a lot of fun to show up with a frankendisc.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No prob. Just FYI, after checking reviews/feedbacks, I did order the cover without holes/fasteners. Just taped it to the wheel (100mm PlanetX) and it works perfectly (no wobble).
Last edited by: soll: Apr 21, 19 14:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
make your own. it's not hard.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will probably learn how to do that eventually. But I'm anything but handy so feels good to buy the first one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have problems getting stuff from the US, try a freight forwarding company. They will have a local US address and will forward your parcel onto you.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
make your own. it's not hard.
This. Easy as.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sell and buy a lot of stuff on eBay with 100% positive feedback. 1976 positive feedbacks as of today.
I can help you if you want. Ship it to my house, I will get a quote from USPS(United States Postal Service) or any carrier of your choice, you send me the money via Paypal, and I'll ship it to you. I can tell you my Facebook page as well if that makes you feel more comfortable. Just let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy disc cover Europe [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I sell and buy a lot of stuff on eBay with 100% positive feedback. 1976 positive feedbacks as of today.
I can help you if you want. Ship it to my house, I will get a quote from USPS(United States Postal Service) or any carrier of your choice, you send me the money via Paypal, and I'll ship it to you. I can tell you my Facebook page as well if that makes you feel more comfortable. Just let me know.

Great to know. This time around it worked out but I'm definitely making a mental note.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Great to know. This time around it worked out but I'm definitely making a mental note.

Cool. I just want to do what I can and help fellow triathletes.
Quote Reply