Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reach & Stack fit question
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to compare my current bike measurements (Yaqui size 56) to fit a new frame (QR PRfive?).

When measuring my current bike do I include the spacers under the stem in my stack measurement?

Yaqui Size 56
Reach = 43.1cm
Stack = 54.6cm
effective stack = 57.1cm (1inch spacers)

Thanks
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Reach & Stack fit question [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ignore those and measure the Pad reach (centre for Slowman, rear for other fit protocols) and stack
Quote Reply
Re: Reach & Stack fit question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that called Cup stack and cup reach then?

I was going by this .......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mn_leaf_fan wrote:
When measuring my current bike do I include the spacers under the stem in my stack measurement?
No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That diagram shows frame stack and reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go by this

That shows pad centre, measure to rear as well
Quote Reply
Re: Reach & Stack fit question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm not asking the right question, or missing something.

I'm trying to determine what size frame I need... I'll move my current cockpit to the new frame.

QR lists their sizes below. They don't list 'pad' measurements so I can't compare that measurement to my current bike?

Size485052545658.5Seat Tube Length48cm50cm52cm54cm56cm58.5cmTop Tube Length47cm49cm51cm53cm54.5cm56cmHead Tube Length7.4cm9.5cm11.5cm14.2cm15.8cm18.4cmHead Tube Angle71cm72cm72cm72cm72cm72cmSeat Tube Angle77 / 83˚77 / 83˚77 / 83˚77 / 83˚77 / 83˚77 / 83˚Chainstay Length39.5cm39.5cm39.5cm39.5cm39.5cm39.5cmWheelbase95.7cm96.8cm99.5cm101.7cm103.1cm105cmStandover Height73cm75cm77cm79cm81.5cm84cmFront Center57.4cm58.4cm61cm63.3cm64.7cm66.5cmBB Drop7.35cm7.35cm7.35cm7.35cm7.35cm7.35cmFork Rake4.8cm4.8cm4.8cm4.8cm4.8cm4.8cmStack48cm50cm52cm54cm56cm58.5cmReach38cm39cm41cm42.5cm43.5cm44.5cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Compare your frame's stack and reach to the new frame's stack and reach.

Then see if you can manipulate your aero bar system on the new frame to see if you can get to your current pad position.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Apr 20, 19 18:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mn_leaf_fan wrote:
Maybe I'm not asking the right question, or missing something.
I'm trying to determine what size frame I need... I'll move my current cockpit to the new frame.

Or I'm not explaining it very well.

Just comparing frame size introduces errors around headsets (your Yaqui likely external), spacers and head tube angle.
Pad XY (reach/stack) gets right to the point and then we can fill in the dots.
Post your Pad XY (to the rear in my system) and I'll show you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're making the assumption that you're on the right size frame currently with the right stem and aerobar cockpit configuration... you just want to swap. The good fitters on this forum won't grant you that assumption and want to know what's *really* important, your pad stack and reach as measured from the center of the bottom bracket.

Once you give us those numbers we can determine the correct size PR5 and with what front end configuration.

A picture of your fit would help. Show us your massive amount of spacers under the stem ;)

mn_leaf_fan wrote:
I'm looking to compare my current bike measurements (Yaqui size 56) to fit a new frame (QR PRfive?).

Yaqui Size 56
Reach = 43.1cm
Stack = 54.6cm
effective stack = 57.1cm (1inch spacers)

Thanks
Dan

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply