Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
This thread needs to be renamed:
"The corner of the LR where Trump Ballwashers get together to masterbate"

Well, there are too many threads full of lefty circle jerks.
This is required for BarryP. THERE MUST BE EQUAL AMOUNTS!
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Is there evidence of your assertions?

It seems to me if there was then Trump should in prison.

Why do you think he’s still in office?

Quote:
trump is fundamentally unfit for office

This is my opinion as well.

Quote:
and should be removed from office.

This I don’t agree with. He was elected fair and square. He’s our president. That sucks but that’s the way it goes.

People on this forum mistakenly assume I’m a Trump supporter because I’m so critical of his detractors. One of the reasons I’m so critical of his detractors is because I can see so clearly that this wall to wall, 24/7 “Orange Man Bad” is only going to get Trump re-elected. And that will suck even more.

Dems need to put up a candidate that can win on ideas.

“Orange Man Bad” is a loser.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. Impeachment exists for a reason. The founding fathers were greatly concerned about foreign interference in our government. They would have wondered why trump had not been impeached yet.

If trump is not impeached, it just says these actions are acceptable. Sorry, but these actions are not acceptable.
Does it rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors? Yes, he is a scumbag and a disgrace to our country, but you can't flippantly call for impeachment.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This I don’t agree with. He was elected fair and square. He’s our president. That sucks but that’s the way it goes.

People on this forum mistakenly assume I’m a Trump supporter because I’m so critical of his detractors. One of the reasons I’m so critical of his detractors is because I can see so clearly that this wall to wall, 24/7 “Orange Man Bad” is only going to get Trump re-elected. And that will suck even more.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. Impeachment exists for a reason. The founding fathers were greatly concerned about foreign interference in our government. They would have wondered why trump had not been impeached yet.

If trump is not impeached, it just says these actions are acceptable. Sorry, but these actions are not acceptable.

Does it rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors? Yes, he is a scumbag and a disgrace to our country, but you can't flippantly call for impeachment.

Yes, it does.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have you not heard? There was no collusion.

Move on.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Is there evidence of your assertions?[/u

Quote:

Quote:

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have you not heard? There was no collusion.

Move on.

His actions that are proven are enough without "collusion".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah another not pro trump post.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Ah another not pro trump post.

Hard to believe someone with such a simple mind as yours got through law school.

You just don’t get it.

Making fun of idiots likes you with Trump memes and being a Trump supporter are not axiomatically tied together.

One can make fun of you with Trump memes and still not like Trump. Surely you can understand this?

When Obama was president I made fun of people with Obama memes and none of the right wingers here ever assumed I was an Obama supporter.

I guess people on the right generally have more dynamic cognitive abilities than lefties.

Orange Man Bad!!!!

Look, here’s a gif of a screaming liberal. I guess I’m a supporter of screaming liberals now?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So a president embracing and helping a hostile foreign government attack our elections is not a big deal to you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
So a president embracing and helping a hostile foreign government attack our elections is not a big deal to you?

Wasn’t there just a years long investigation that concluded that there’s evidence that happened?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, an anti-trump gif. That means I’m anti-trump now! How do I do it?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Suckservient collusion"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Wasn’t there just a years long investigation that concluded that there’s evidence that happened?

Yes, that is what the Mueller report said, but mostly it just proved what had previously been reported.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unhinged...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Do you believe Trump colluded with russians to influence and ultimately steal the election from Hillary?

I don't believe, I know that trump saw that a hostile foreign power was trying to attack our elections, instead of trying to counter this like an American should, he saw fit to give cover to the Russian's actions in order to make their actions more effective and also to try and get in contact Russians to work together. That also continued after the election where he purposefully supported the Russian's version of events to the detriment of America, once again helping a hostile foreign power. I don't give a shit if the Russians and trump did not make a formal agreement to cooperate.

trump is fundamentally unfit for office and should be removed from office.

Do you honestly think a president should assist in a hostile foreign powers attack on our elections?

https://www.cnn.com/...-jennings/index.html

In your eyes, should Obama have done more?
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Do you believe Trump colluded with russians to influence and ultimately steal the election from Hillary?

I don't believe, I know that trump saw that a hostile foreign power was trying to attack our elections, instead of trying to counter this like an American should, he saw fit to give cover to the Russian's actions in order to make their actions more effective and also to try and get in contact Russians to work together. That also continued after the election where he purposefully supported the Russian's version of events to the detriment of America, once again helping a hostile foreign power. I don't give a shit if the Russians and trump did not make a formal agreement to cooperate.

trump is fundamentally unfit for office and should be removed from office.

Do you honestly think a president should assist in a hostile foreign powers attack on our elections?

https://www.cnn.com/...-jennings/index.html

In your eyes, should Obama have done more?

Yes, he should have done more, but he was constrained because Mitch McConnell vowed that if Obama tried to do something, he would attack Obama for making it political. Mitch McConnell did not want to do anything to fight against the attack, because he approved of what the Russians were doing and does not care about this country. How come this article, written by a former staffer of Mitch, doesn't mention that? How come it has an idiotic argument that Obama did not want to upset Russia, which goes against all logic and facts?
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   Well this seems like it should be of note for many here, (bold added by me):

"But the release on Thursday of the report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, underscored what had grown clearer for months — that while many Trump aides had welcomed contacts with the Russians, some of the most sensational claims in the dossier appeared to be false, and others were impossible to prove. Mr. Mueller’s report contained over a dozen passing references to the document’s claims but no overall assessment of why so much did not check out."
-
https://www.nytimes.com/...-mueller-report.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the opposing narratives hilarious! On one hand Trump is the dumbest man alive, and on the other hand he so covered his collision tracks so masterfully the best and brightest in the FBI couldn't catch him.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is also Hitler.

And the government should take away the rights of citizens to possess firearms.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Impeachment doesn’t exist to signal what’s acceptable or not. That’s what elections are for. Impeachment is for when actions are illegal.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Impeachment doesn’t exist to signal what’s acceptable or not. That’s what elections are for. Impeachment is for when actions are illegal.

Except that is not true. Look at who the founding father's impeached when they were still around, they did not just impeach for crimes. They clearly meant for impeachment to apply to more than just crimes. Impeachment is not just limited to crimes, it should also be used if the officer violates their oath, especially if that oath is written in the constitution.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

That's an aspiration - and maybe a good one - but not law. Impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process. It just takes votes.

In any case requiring illegality would be a bit of a Catch-22. If you can't charge a sitting President, and you can only impeach for illegal actions, then it's a bit tricky.

You can say that Congress should only impeach if they *think* there were illegal actions, that's fine. But saying that something *is* illegal should be a determination reserved for the judicial branch - who are not involved in impeachment (hopefully).
Last edited by: trail: Apr 22, 19 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Schiff - will he put up or shut up... or neither? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
slowguy wrote:

That's an aspiration - and maybe a good one - but not law. Impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process. It just takes votes.

In any case requiring illegality would be a bit of a Catch-22. If you can't charge a sitting President, and you can only impeach for illegal actions, then it's a bit tricky.

You can say that Congress should only impeach if they *think* there were illegal actions, that's fine. But saying that something *is* illegal should be a determination reserved for the judicial branch - who are not involved in impeachment (hopefully).

I don't think we even want impeachment to only be for criminal behavior. If the president gave the Russians all the names of spies in Russia, which would not be illegal, I would imagine we would want that sort of behavior to be impeachable. Or if a president just pardoned all the white federal prisoners, once again not criminal, that seems like it should be impeachable. There are all sorts of things that are not criminal that should be impeachable.
Quote Reply

Prev Next