Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weird Ironman locations in the US [Sasquatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sasquatch wrote:
You wouldn't think it, but Wisconsin is probably the best racing experience in the US. It is also one of, if not the, hardest courses.
x2 - if only the road surfaces were as good as Louisville......
Quote Reply
Re: Weird Ironman locations in the US [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that (money offered) is certainly a consideration, but also the available hotel space, the estimated attendance and the prospect for future growth. But I have no dog in this hunt since none of them interest me. I've done 14 and only have a few left since my knee is on borrowed time. But for the athletes in the midwest, I hope whichever they choose is a huge success.
Quote Reply
Re: Weird Ironman locations in the US [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonathan22 wrote:
I live in Bentonville and while I would love to have a local IM race, my concerns are:
- someone else mentioned Lake Fayetteville. I'm having a hard time seeing this work without it being a cluster. There is only a tiny amount of parking. The only place I see them doing the swim is Beaver lake. They have done a few tris over the years and different points work for sprints but I can't imagine the volume for an IM branded race working in any swim venue in Northwest Arkansas once you add in the considerations for parking and spectators.

The parking at Lake Fayetteville was one of my first thoughts as well, but I don't have a concept about how it works for other Ironman events either. The mall and Lowe's are less than a mile away, so they could shuttle from there if that works. Would be a heck of a bottleneck getting everybody's bikes and stuff in there. Maybe they deal with that in their other events.

I don't think any spot on Beaver Lake would be any better. Plus then it wouldn't be Fayetteville.
Quote Reply

Prev Next