Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Jocelynmccauley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:
As one of those "other women" I am excited at the chance to race Daniella outside Kona. There aren't many opportunities to do that. I was undecided about racing IMTX as I already have a Kona slot, but when I heard she was racing it made the decision for me.

To become better you have to race better people.

Spot on. Love the attitude. Count me as a fan as well.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Jocelynmccauley wrote:
As one of those "other women" I am excited at the chance to race Daniella outside Kona. There aren't many opportunities to do that. I was undecided about racing IMTX as I already have a Kona slot, but when I heard she was racing it made the decision for me.

Love this response. You have a new fan. Have a great race!

^^this.
I don't follow a lot of pros but you gained a new fan here as well. That's an attitude I can get behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd bump this thread up since Jocelyn McCauley commented in the thread about competing against Ryf and is currently pacing with Ryf on the bike. Definitely rooting for Jocelyn right now!
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Thought I'd bump this thread up since Jocelyn McCauley commented in the thread about competing against Ryf and is currently pacing with Ryf on the bike. Definitely rooting for Jocelyn right now!

Yas!!! Love it. Love this lady's grit and determination. She could be in for a slow and painful marathon run, but she is 100% full send right now. I can only imagine what is going thru Ryf's mind. But yes, I love a good Dragon slayer too. Let's go Jocelyn.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Apr 27, 19 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only imagine what is going thru Ryf's mind//

Well if she is on today, probably thinking of when to dispense with the fly hovering over her head. Personally I would hope she is dialing back, knowing that she will easily outrun anyone that stays with her bike pace. But undoubtedly she will assert herself in the last 25+ miles of the bike to get a nice gap, and run he normal sub 3 hours...

If she is off today, then its a waiting game to see if the body come right. She is in the enviable position of being off, and still dominant over the rest. So I doubt any panic...
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I can only imagine what is going thru Ryf's mind//

Well if she is on today, probably thinking of when to dispense with the fly hovering over her head. Personally I would hope she is dialing back, knowing that she will easily outrun anyone that stays with her bike pace. But undoubtedly she will assert herself in the last 25+ miles of the bike to get a nice gap, and run he normal sub 3 hours...

If she is off today, then its a waiting game to see if the body come right. She is in the enviable position of being off, and still dominant over the rest. So I doubt any panic...

I don't disagree but still fun to see the ladies stay in contact with each other. Given Kim Morrison just biked up to her maybe Daniela is having a bit of an off day.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this might turn into interesting race. They are not riding at a very high pace and I dont think Ryf is th etype to take it easy on purpose. Also her run in Oceanside was not that impressive, and McCauley has run under 3h...

Ryf starting to show cracks, is the era over? :)
Last edited by: markko: Apr 27, 19 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given Kim Morrison just biked up to her maybe Daniela is having a bit of an off day. //

I didn't see that, it looked to me the she got within 30 seconds, and now at mile 83 is about a minute back. She is no doubt riding harder than Ryf's clingon, part of the game. She really should have closed it down and planted in 3rd so as to at least be doing the same work as 2nd..
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryf is toast. She's probably sick or dealing with something else. Sutto has already preemptively dropped the excuse in his blog a couple of days ago. He was going on about how the IM record is bullshit (and it is) but I had the feeling like he knew she wasn't exactly in top shape.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Jocelynmccauley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dam!!! Respect! great race. Congrats

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Awesome effort by Jocelyn today.

Also love reading this thread and seeing the people that were wrong in their predictions

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I don’t post on SlowTwitch much at all but will be doing an AMA thread this next week for IMTX. Hopefully not opening myself up to the craziness that is SlowTwitch! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A privilege and an honor to see you race today Jocelyn. Massive kudos and massive respect for your race. Superb collaboration with Bevan! All systems go for a wonderful crack at Kona for you this year. Sending positive vibes and best wishes for the rest of the season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race today Jocelyn! It was fun to watch online - you pushed Daniela to her absolute limit to eke out a win. It was interesting to watch the leading pros having to dodge and weave around the age groupers on the relatively narrow run loops. I look forward to your AWA post. A breakout season for you!

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race Jocelyn!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Much respect!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race today! I was shouting at my phone all through the marathon!

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd guess you made lots of new fans with this performance and your likeable attitude! :) You certainly gained one more fan, in me. Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race today, Joselyn!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been following Jocelyn’s Instagram and I remember she was not happy with her and wanted to improve. She certainly delivered. Incredible race today. I’ve been a huge fan. Keep up the good work!!

I was wondering how Seymour would in full IM and she delivered too. I always check pro athletes Instagrams and it’s a lot of fun and very motivational.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:
Thanks everyone! I don’t post on SlowTwitch much at all but will be doing an AMA thread this next week for IMTX. Hopefully not opening myself up to the craziness that is SlowTwitch! :)

Congrats.... nice job! another fan here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race Jocelyn! Love your attitude and am now following you as a role model for my 14YO daughter.

Ps; You’ll do just fine here. Looking forward to the AMA.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Bravo!

Amazing, gutsy effort! Very much looking forward to the AMA and will be rooting for you in future races
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AMA thread posted!

Thanks for all the congrats!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next