Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
and I have run past your house many times.

Same here. And biked up/down Lone Pine many more times.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a 12 pack, a pizza and a couple of PM's to efernand and ttocsmi and your problem is solved.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect example of what happens when there’s no competition in the market.

Obviously the solution here is single payer government run cable system.

Because then there’d be uh, no competition.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had Century Link come out and install their DSL equipment so we could lock into their $30/month for life deal. Was really excited to drop Xfinity, but Century link could only get 60 mbps of the 100 at their equipment. Then via wifi we could only get 45ish. Using our $200 stand alone router, the connection speed dropped again in half. So tons of hassle, had to pay for their service visits and could only get maybe 25 mbps.

The service tech was great, while he was troubleshooting his equipment, he was on the phone with his supervisor. He was explaining the low connection speed and that the same router had just pulled 200+ over the xfinity connection. His super then asks, "why would you change if you have that good of a connection?" Because you are $100 cheaper per month and not Xfinity, but it turns out they suck too...

Time Warner is by far the worst I have dealt with.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spectrum. Absolute worst.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_A%24%24!_P6876774/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AT&T is max up/down 100. Which in AT&T speak =50/60. Not enough to stream. Though their chat/setup service is the best I've come across.

Thanks everyone re concern/warning on advice name/address but given that anyone can find anyone's address/contact info pretty easily nowadays I'm not as worried about that sort of info being out there and I've always been public on LR about who I am.

If I didn't have kids I could probably just live with wifi internet over 4G pucks. Just going to have to keep hitting head with 2x4 until Comcast unfucks themself.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AT&T now has fiber in my neighborhood, 2 week no-obligation test. Install line, burying line, on Tuesday.

I can't get Comcast out for another 30 days. Just ridiculous. Hope I can be done with them.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is ridiculous that you and your wife had to waste so much time dealing with them just to get a cable buried. Whoever ran the line in the first place should have arranged it anyway.

You probably know this - the orange cables they use are ones intended for underground use, whereas the black ones are for running above the ground. So the fact that they ran an orange one would indicate that they know it should have been buried.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You probably know this - the orange cables they use are ones intended for underground use, whereas the black ones are for running above the ground. So the fact that they ran an orange one would indicate that they know it should have been buried.

Interesting. I always thought that orange meant temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried scorching them on Twitter? Unlike the forum post, they can't take that down.

Also, I sent you a PM with another idea.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Century Link told us they had fiber too! As it turns out, they have fiber to the nearest node, but the equipment between me and that connection are not going to yield fiber speeds...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. I always thought that orange meant temporary.

That was based on what a technician told me. He was from Comcast so there is a 50% chance it was a lie. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the great pleasure of having both Charter and Comcast over the years. May those companies rest in hell when they finally kick the bucket.

Thank god we now have a local provider of fiber optic that really has had great customer service. I mean it isn't hard to beat Comcast customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twitter shame them. Complain and @ them. I bet you get a response quickly and often they can send you down a path with different help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seven months of inaction is nothing with Comcast. After two years of mowing around the unburied cable draped across the yard, my yard guys buried it for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [jgilb2u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current plan is AT&T fiber and let the lawn guy chew up the Comcast cable, then order new one, mow over it, repeat about 1000 times...... maybe they will e eventually bury.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"AT&T is max up/down 100. Which in AT&T speak =50/60. Not enough to stream."

How many devices do you stream at a time? HD streaming is ~5 Mb/s per/tream...even if you go 4k it is 25Mb/s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing AT&T fiber in our area yet. ACD.Net has fiber within about a 1/4 mile of my house, but no idea when/if it'll get here.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a worst company still operating than Comcast/Xfinity? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Spectrum. Absolute worst.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_A%24%24!_P6876774/

This x's a billion!!! What a POS this company is!!!

Had to switch to Cable 1....just a minor hair better...but still sucks!

The cost of moving to the sticks i guess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well at least we have net neutrality so these assholes can't hoard content and force us to pay additional fees when using another internet provider.

Oh wait...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe poor customer service experience would rank high on their list of concerns given the big strategic pieces at play. Especially if news is good . . .

Comcast Corp. shares jumped to the highest since January 2018 as the company’s fast-growing internet business continued to defy the steady loss of pay-TV subscribers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-25/comcast-beats-profit-analysts-estimates-as-revenue-falls-short
Quote Reply

Prev Next