Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with replacing 2080's
Quote | Reply
I know that the 2080 is a very popular shoe, so I figured I'd ask on this forum. They fit my foot well, and no knee/shin/ ITB problems at all. The problem is that I'm breaking down the midsole/forefoot area too quickly (150-200 miles). Could someone recommend a shoe that will not break down in the forefoot area as quickly, and not cost an arm and a leg. (low/flat arches, neutral runner). These are the ones I've come up with:

New Balance 765
New Balance 991
Pearl Izumi Push

Any other suggestions, or comments on the above? Thanks in advance for your help.

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Help with replacing 2080's [JohnIV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2080 is as good a shoe as you will get... Just buy another pair again. I use it for my long runs too. Good shoe! You will have difficulty "assessing" a shoe with this type of problem by just running on a treadmill in your local shop anyway. My advice would be... just replace your shoes more often. We spend all our money on making things more aero etc. on our bikes, when running your running (and legs) could benefit from regular shoe replacements. (Running shoes will loose their optimum capability after 100 miles! Not to say you should then ditch them...)

Hope that helps!

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: Help with replacing 2080's [JohnIV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2080's are a great shoe, but yeah of all the shoes they compete with they probably wear out the fastest. Your other options are okay, 765 is much more durable and a similar shoe, 990's aren't quite so similar but because of some unique characteristics they'll suffice but damn expensive, push i don't know too much about besides the catalog sitting in front of me.

Try:

Brooks adrenaline-similar stability but a firmer ride, much more durable

adidas supernova, similar to brooks, firmer ride, weird arch though

saucony omni, you might like this one..., but not as flexible as the 2080

nike moto II, very similar ride to 2080 but adds durability

mizuno wave mercury, similar to 2080, higher arch, fast wearing though

good luck
Quote Reply