Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter training Q--SEX
Quote | Reply
Sorry to capture your attention, but posts reach a greater audience when properly tagged. Winter is finally in full swing here and up until this point I've never had such a good winter. My goals are to race (Masters and/or Cat2) with less an emphasis on Tri's this year, although IM Wisc is staring me in the mug so I must do both. It will be until late april before the first bike race and June for the first tri. Now that long rides are out of the question (been doing 2-3hrs, now 1 hr would be max as MN finally got the cold weather), do rides of an hour couple a days a week provide any benefit compared to waiting a few days and trying to go long. This has to do with the time I can sanely spend on the trainer. In other words is it better doing a little every day, or would I do better to wait a few days and work up the courage for an hour outside followed by 2 indoors?
Quote Reply
Re: Winter training Q--SEX [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People that have to deal with real winter, and I am one of those people to, are faced with the reality of having to toss some of the training rules out the window, if you want to be successful. In a perfect world winter would be all about building a huge base of fitness which we can then adavance in the spring with higer intensity training.

The reality of indoor bike training is that it is boring as all get out! Over the years I have found that for me, the best use of the time on these darned contraptions was to go harder and do higher quality and intensity workouts several times a week. This coupled with 2 - 4 hour xc sessions on the weekends would leave me in good enough cycling shape that by mid/late March I was ready to jump up to 100K rides a decent pace right away!

Now there are crazy folks out there who will grind away indoors on the trainer for hours at a time - I am not one of them.

Your mileage may vary.

Not sure what this has to do with sex other than it's usually something that you engage in, indoors.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since Marko16 put sex in his tage line but left it out of the relevance of his question ;}, I feel obligated to get this discussion back on track and ask a sex-triathlon related question.

Does anyone use sex to build based endurance? If so how do you 'do it'? Any good training tips or advice?

I really want to improve my racing next year and am willing to put in the hourse (now only minutes) in this dicipline. It is also a good use of indoor training time during this long winter.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Winter training Q--SEX [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine a training diary with a stop watch and all. Velco attached to the wifes head firmly secures your favorite crono instrument. Cadence monitor or manual lap ticker provides vital feedback.

Day 1

Quite ashamed, did few laps today. May go solo in the AM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marko16 you da man!!

Where can I get all that fancy training stuff?

All I got is some tissue paper and an old, worn-out wife.

But I gotch'ya on going solo. Just need to build endurance.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply