Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LG P-09 visor
Quote | Reply
I tried the LG P-09 last weekend and I found the visor allowed way too much air in the helmet (eyes), causing some serious squinting and seriously red eyes afterwards.

Anybody else have this experience? What to do?

I also have the Aerohead which is great for eye protection though definitely (too) toasty for warm conditions for me.

Other option is to race with my trusted, albeit old, LG Superleggera. Though, I fear helmets have a shelf life and I must have exceeded it (closing in on 7 years old)
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will just leave another question here. Is there any studies if the P-09 is faster with or without the visor?
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, good call.

If not faster with visor, then simple sunglasses will do the trick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My n=1 testing with alphamantis on track showed that:
1) the LG P-09 was one of the fastest Helmers for ME
2) it was quicker without the visor for ME

All these tests are individual but if I were you I would try it without the visor and test how that feels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both P-09 and Aerohead. Yes, P-09 allows too much air to come in so I use Aerohead which is not that hot for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have read the lg p-09 is faster without visor. I definitely prefer it without the visor and just wear sunglasses
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definately more air in eyes with the p-09 flip down than when wearing my Oakleys under the road helmet. However, even with sensitive eyes I was OK. Also the lens isn't that dark so brighter on a sunny day that makes it borderline for me. However, it worked for me as a package with the flip down - comfortable and also no issues with steaming up in first few KM after the swm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its been a few years since i bought mine but, i remember researching it and thinking it was faster without the visor if we all keep talking someone smart will chime in to confirm. i like my visor and i don't think is was much difference so i race with it.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
However, it worked for me as a package with the flip down - comfortable and also no issues with steaming up in first few KM after the swm.

My Aerohead steamed up after the swim in Galveston, so had to shove my index finger in to clear it. Visibility was not that good so I struggled in the beginning. I used dark lense and it wasn’t a good idea. Later, I saw Starky used clear lense on his Aerohead. Good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aerohead is the one with the magnetic visor isn't it. One of my training partners has that. I've lost count of the number of times he's had to circle back to pick it up after he's knocked it off whilst riding.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 visor [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
The aerohead is the one with the magnetic visor isn't it. One of my training partners has that. I've lost count of the number of times he's had to circle back to pick it up after he's knocked it off whilst riding.

Your friend might have Giro Air Attack. Magnets on Aerohead are strong and pretty secure once the visor is on correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:

Your friend might have Giro Air Attack. Magnets on Aerohead are strong and pretty secure once the visor is on correctly.

Possibly. Apparently it's as he tries wiping his brow/scratching his nose, etc. May be he is just inept and not a design issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Duncan74 wrote:
However, it worked for me as a package with the flip down - comfortable and also no issues with steaming up in first few KM after the swm.

My Aerohead steamed up after the swim in Galveston, so had to shove my index finger in to clear it. Visibility was not that good so I struggled in the beginning. I used dark lense and it wasn’t a good idea. Later, I saw Starky used clear lense on his Aerohead. Good idea.

I have a clear lens in addition to the tined ones, for days like this past Galveston. I also use RainX on both sides, which makes the water bead off like fresh wax on a car. It should also help with any fogging, although that hasn’t been an issue for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also read a while back that it is faster without the visor. That and the fogging made it easy to ditch for me.

I have some Smith rimless glasses that I put on with my helmet in T1. In T2 I just take the helmet off and run with the glasses. Makes it easy - only have to put them on once.

Strava
Quote Reply