Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
I'll go see Rise of Skywalker in the theater out of pure nostalgia and loyalty to my 7 year old self and those memories of seeing A New Hope back then. I think the recent Star Wars stories have been far better than the continuing canon.

I'm more jazzed to see The Mandelorian when Disney+ opens for business in three weeks.

This is where I’m at, I’ll see it within a week of it being released, but I’m expecting nothing and probably I’ll leave after the movie and just shrug. Also looking forward to The Mandalorian and hopefully Disney can start somewhere else in the Star Wars story and build an infinity stones like story.
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
I am not sure they had much of a plan at all. I can't find them now, but I seem to remember stories about how JJ was not disappointed that Rian Johnson broke script or something to that effect, particularly in killing Snoke. It seems they have been flying by the seat of their pants and now are just grasping at straws to bring the traditional SW fans back after that cluster of a movie TLJ.

JJ and Kennedy at LucasFilm successfully destroyed the franchise. TFA was shyte only to be followed by a more atrocious TLJ. This seems to trying to turn back towards the original canon.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

I am not sure they had much of a plan at all. I can't find them now, but I seem to remember stories about how JJ was not disappointed that Rian Johnson broke script or something to that effect, particularly in killing Snoke. It seems they have been flying by the seat of their pants and now are just grasping at straws to bring the traditional SW fans back after that cluster of a movie TLJ.

JJ and Kennedy at LucasFilm successfully destroyed the franchise. TFA was shyte only to be followed by a more atrocious TLJ. This seems to trying to turn back towards the original canon.

Agreed, except for the last part. They can't possibly turn this steaming pile of turds back to the original canon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next