Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Etap Blip Size for Climbing shifters (close the stem)
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks,

I want to include a pair of blips to use as climbing shifters on my road bike.

I am using a 42 cm handlebar ... what should be the length of the blips to avoid extra cable lying around ?

Tks!
Best
Leon
Quote Reply
Re: Etap Blip Size for Climbing shifters (close the stem) [leontuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use a piece of string start from exactly from where your shifters are mounted on the bars and route the string like you would the blip cable to where you would want the blips. Then measure the string.

Not all 42 cm wide bars are the same in terms of reach, and not everyone mounts their shifters on the same place. Some bars allow for internal routing, and even if it's exterior, some people prefer to run their cables in front of, in back of, or below the bars. Then of course their is personal preference on where you want the blips mounted. I could have the exact same width bars as you and require 4-5 cm more or less cable than you based on my preferences.
Last edited by: Jason N: Apr 11, 19 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: Etap Blip Size for Climbing shifters (close the stem) [leontuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered 230mm blips for my 440mm bars, and they are the perfect length.

Edit: I double-checked my bar size, and they are 440mm, not 420mm as I had originally posted. I would still get the 230mm blips, just to be safe.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Apr 11, 19 12:31
Quote Reply