Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Botox treatment for muscle spasms???
Quote | Reply
I am a long distance runner. I have participated in and won many marathons and cross country. I exercise daily for about 3 hours in the morning. Then I go to work, I work in a private law firm. I usually run for 3 hours in the evening. After all these rigorous exercises I am still experiencing muscle spasms. I have it all of a sudden while running. I even have had it in between a marathon 2-3 times. The pain is terrible and persists for long. I have started having it while sitting ideally in office. I did consult a physiotherapist. I underwent physiotherapy, but I still get it once in a while. It is really difficult when I have a spasm in between a marathon. I have lost two marathons because of that. I am thinking of getting Botox treatment from Thornhill. I have heard many sportsmen getting it for muscle spasms. I just want to try it out. I was hoping that it won’t be having any side effects. Any of you guys have any idea about it?
Quote Reply
Re: Botox treatment for muscle spasms??? [Ronal07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely one of the more obvious shill posts I've seen here...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Botox treatment for muscle spasms??? [Ronal07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a physiatrist and I use botox in the treatment of patients with spasticity as a result of stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis etc. in order to improve walking ability or hand function for instance.
There is no indication however, for using botox in treatment of the “spasms” you described.That is something completely different and has nothing to do with spasticity.
I woudn’t worry about the side effects though. It’s the effect itself , which will lead to muscle weakness...
Quote Reply