Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The annual IM TX swim thread
Quote | Reply
Okay, we're about two weeks out from race day. What is everyone wearing? Do I need to buy a swim skin? If so, any recommendations? I've never shopped for nor worn one before.

I'd prefer a non wetsuit swim (mainly because I've never done one and think it would be novel). However, I often get cold in the pool, so if the temp is just a little above the cutoff I worry I'd get cold without the skin.

Thanks! It's my first trip to this race and I'm looking forward to it, regardless of what the naysayers say.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual IM TX swim thread [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the weather forecast...it’s going to be a wetsuit swim.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual IM TX swim thread [scmbtrek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see they are forecasting rain the week leading up to the race. Should cool the lake down and make it wetsuit legal for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on your size, I have a Roka viper pro swimskin I can sell you for stupidly cheap (It's a ST). I'm bringing both a wetsuit and a swimskin to the race, not sure what'll be the raceday conditions. I feel like I'm not sure about a wetsuit even if it is legal, because there's nothing worse than getting a super hot core temperature in a wetsuit.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm bringing both my wetsuit and a 1 piece trisuit (DeSoto Flisuit). I'd prefer to wear a 2 piece, but if it's wetsuit optional/not legal, I'll deal with my 1 piece.

I'm not buying a swim skin for the only non wetsuit legal race I will probably ever do in my life.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual IM TX swim thread [bish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for anyone wondering, spacecityweather.com is probably your best bet for houston area weather

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply