Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Trump trump trump

What does it say when you can’t talk about a dem candidate in a thread about a dem candidate.

It says you are one of those internet geniuses that can complain all about the problem. But you have no solution

Well, the "solution" is to stop electing a dumb President but it's not really up to one poster on a triathlon forum to do that.

So, what is your solution?

Spend less time talking about trump and more time talking about a viable alternative candidate. This is a thread about one such candidate potentially. I see a lot of people touting his credentials. Which at least brings his credentials to the surface.

When one of the first responses is he’s simply better than the carny whose already there he just becomes one of the 30 or so running.

Maybe they are all better. Maybe the candidate last time was too.

But that position will be a losing one in 2020. Which I’d prefer to not see happen.

My solution is to be for someone good and qualified. Not just against trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
McCain lived 8 years.
McCain would have been a better President than Obama.

By what crystal ball do you come to that conclusion? You may disagree with Dem policies, but there is no guarantee that a diffrent president would have handled issues any better. There is one indisputable fact: after the disastrous presidency of Bush43, the GOP candidate deserved to lose, and lose badly (in previous wave elections, the opposition party usually got 55-60%). The fact that McCain got 48% of the vote showed how thoroughly ideology has become entirely disconnected from results.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By what crystal ball do you come to that conclusion? You may disagree with Dem policies, but there is no guarantee that a diffrent president would have handled issues any better.

My biggest complaint against Obama was his lack of leadership. The Clint Eastwood empty chair was spot on. I think either McCain or Romney would have been a stronger leader. Unfortunately we've regressed from and empty suit as POTUS to a vacuum suit POTUS.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
McCain lived 8 years.
McCain would have been a better President than Obama.

No.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not responding to you in particular. I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I've read several articles that state that Buttigieg has a very calm demeanor and is able express his ideas. In light of Trump and many of the other Dem candidates, this is promising.

But just about every article that I've read about him on Yahoo news is focused on Buttigieg lashing out at Pence for Pence's stance on gay marriage. If that is his main platform, then it would be hard to support him. Is the problem with Yahoo focusing on the "feud" or is he basing much of his campaign on his being gay?

I'm sure the joke has been made, but this sounds like a candidate that I could get behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Pence said this (the last time he’s commented at all on BootyJudge) about him...

"I hold Mayor Buttigieg in the highest personal regard. We have a great working relationship. I see him as a dedicated public servant, and a patriot."

https://wsbt.com/...uttigiegs-coming-out

...back in 2015.

So now Buttplug comes out (pun!) and attacks Pence.

Yeah, it’s politics but this just serves to illustrate that BootyBuster is no different than anyone else running.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

IRS and VA scandals. Fast and furious, Bergdahl, Benghazi, Hillarys emails, etc.

Weigh all of those against ... the IRAQ WAR. Or just weigh those against THE 2008 RECESSION. Or weigh those against indictments during the Bush and Trump years vs. the Obama years.

Mopdahl and Sanuk have addressed seveal of these in depth. In short, you completely ignore monumental military and economic catastrophes and raise up much smaller (non)-issues. It works in the echo chambers that feed you this crap, but when you regurgitate it here, everyone can see just how shallow these talking points are ("BENGHAZI!!! BERGDAHL?" really?).
-
I pointed out a couple times recently that the downside of the Mueller investigation is it takes a hard look backwards, and that may very well come back to bite the Obama admin. You can make Greg Craig as the first indictment:
-
"Barack Obama's White House counsel Greg Craig was charged in a grand jury indictment Thursday in a foreign lobbying investigation that stemmed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe."
-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/...expects-charges.html

IMO there are several things that happened in the Obama years that merit investigation, and we're likely to see some of them come up (eg hundreds of unmaskings). The Obama and Trump admins could not be more different, and while Trump's self absorbed assholishness leaves him with almost nobody who is truly loyal, Obama brought on an army of true believers willing to do anything they thought might help him, and to fall on their swords in loving loyalty to the messiah Barack. That difference kept things tamped down when he was boss, but don't count your chickens on the "clean administration" shtick just yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Reasoned. Calm. Rational.

From a disposition perspective, he's my kind of guy. The sexual orientation thing is a non-issue for me, but I'm sure it will be for some people, both pro and anti. I can only imagine the knots Evangelicals will tie themselves in trying to not make his personal sexual issues a point of objection (that whole setting an example, moral leadership stuff) while maintaining that Trump's moral bankruptcy isn't a problem because SCOTUS, etc. That would be fun to watch.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

From a disposition perspective, he's my kind of guy. The sexual orientation thing is a non-issue for me, but I'm sure it will be for some people, both pro and anti. I can only imagine the knots Evangelicals will tie themselves in trying to not make his personal sexual issues a point of objection (that whole setting an example, moral leadership stuff) while maintaining that Trump's moral bankruptcy isn't a problem because SCOTUS, etc. That would be fun to watch.

Anyone find it amazing how low the standards have become to find a Democratic candidate these days? Is "reasoned, calm, and rational" all it takes now to be "my kind of guy"?
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

Anyone find it amazing how low the standards have become to find a Democratic candidate these days? Is "reasoned, calm, and rational" all it takes now to be "my kind of guy"?

I think the point is that those are desirable characteristics and our current President has none of them. At all.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...end-tapes/index.html

This could a problem. He is very white.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

I think the point is that those are desirable characteristics and our current President has none of them. At all.

So being "reasoned, calm, and rational" is more important than being able to do what Trump has accomplished over the past two years? You could have said the same about how Obama presented himself.......and how did that work out for the middle class American?
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Other than being too young, too inexperienced, and people not voting for him because he is gay I'd say he was a shoe in.

Yeah, this guy's a long shot. He's not going to be the nominee. Not this time around anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/17/politics/pete-buttigieg-south-bend-tapes/index.html

This could a problem. He is very white.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

Reasoned. Calm. Rational...is how he’s positioned himself and no one in the dominant media will put forth anything that doesn’t jibe with that positioning.

That’s his brand. Whether or not that’s really him, we’ll probably never know.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

1/10 on the trollometer
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a skit about Mayor Pete and his orientation, which of course will only help his profile

https://hillreporter.com/...and-whip-jesus-31587
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor Pete Buttigieg.....next POTUS? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

1/10 on the trollometer

C'mon Kay, is that the best you can do? Can't you come up with something about DJT's "moral bankruptcy" now that it is official.......TOTAL EXONERATION!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next