Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitter recommendation in Philly or NYC
Quote | Reply
Hello Slowtwitch:
A good friend of mine in Philly wants to see a fitter. He will be a challenging fit as he has hextraordinarily long torso and short legs. He is only interested in a road bike fit right now. He is very interested in trying shorter cranks.
Who is the best fitter in the area for a challenging body type? He's totally willing to go to NYC or other surrounding areas.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Fitter recommendation in Philly or NYC [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to Missy at ERO Sports in Allentown PA. Found out about her here on Slowtwitch from front page article on fitters a few months back. My experience was great and result was a more comfortable position, lower back pain gone... got lower and longer... seems faster and will see at IM Texas how much. I’d recommend her without hesitation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonathan Blyer at ACME (Brooklyn, NY) is a well-respected fitter in the NYC area. He was profiled by Dan a couple months ago, focused on the tri fit but think he does everything. Worth an inquiry.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/Bike_Fitter_Profiles/ACME_Bicycle_Company_Ace_Fitters_7054.html
Quote Reply
Re: Fitter recommendation in Philly or NYC [bryguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big 2nd for Acme. Both Jon & Colin are awesome. I wouldn't go anywhere else in NYC.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitter recommendation in Philly or NYC [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bryguy wrote:
Jonathan Blyer at ACME (Brooklyn, NY) is a well-respected fitter in the NYC area. He was profiled by Dan a couple months ago, focused on the tri fit but think he does everything. Worth an inquiry.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/Bike_Fitter_Profiles/ACME_Bicycle_Company_Ace_Fitters_7054.html

AGTC1 wrote:
Big 2nd for Acme. Both Jon & Colin are awesome. I wouldn't go anywhere else in NYC.

I'm going to see Jonathan next Friday and I cannot wait! I'm desperate to finally get comfortable on my tri bike and be able to ride in the bars for hours on end
Quote Reply
Re: Fitter recommendation in Philly or NYC [DDMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second for Missy at ERO in Allentown. She did a great job on a tri fit for me. I won't even consider anyone else for any future fits I may need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To stay local, I was happy with Philly bikesmith. I have a similar build, all torso, and they fit me up well.

http://www.philadelphiabikesmith.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask for Max at Philly Bikesmith. He’s fitted me on both my road bike and TT bike. He knows his stuff when it comes to fitting. My position always feels dialed in when I leave. (I’ve been fitted 3 times total on my tt bike to get more aggressive over the years)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marc Galietta at the Energy Lab in Doylestown has been doing fantastic triathlon and road fits. His experience, along with use of motion capture and the Vertex Fit Cycle helped me dial in my position and allowed me to explore different variables.
Quote Reply