Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman??
Quote | Reply
For the love of God I am not accusing anyone of anything, but my brain keeps bouncing these ideas around.

Again NOT accusing anyone of anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
For the love of God I am not accusing anyone of anything, but my brain keeps bouncing these ideas around.

don't even know who this dude is!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge fan of Joe Rogan pod cast. Which episode?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No different dude
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:
thatzone wrote:

Dillishaw is an mma guy who recently popped for EPO
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [OJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OJ wrote:
No different dude

Not his main coach that’s doing IM Boulder?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I’ll have to listen again to satisfy my curiosity
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRmd wrote:
FaKaspar wrote:
thatzone wrote:

Dillishaw is an mma guy who recently popped for EPO

Double letters

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're talking about Sam Calavitta? I'm pretty sure its not a great idea to put TJ's PED use on him until evidence actually comes out saying so.

Both his coaches released statements: https://punditarena.com/...shaw-team-statement/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There are a few of us that think of MMA as the other multi-sport and I probably consume equal media on both.

(Lurking the forum due to other topics and wanted to speak-up since I enjoy the MMA stuff. Overall, the PED thing is FASCINATING when you look at what is happening in MMA and endurance sports and all Olympic sports actually. Don't confuse fascination with acceptance, but there is cross-over with issues- esp with the Jon Jones cases.)

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

#1- Sam Calvitta is his strength conditioning coach. TJ is huge on this guy- esp that interview. TJ raves about Sam's own fitness and "doing ironmans and stuff."
-I always enjoy MMA guys talking about doing triathlons and ironmans as this next level of fitness- because MMA and most combat sport requires near equal levels of fitness.

#2- Mr Calvitta is actually an ironman-certified coach! (not saying this does anything for him but shows he has shelled out the cash to get that certification and coach triathletes).

#3- Press release today came out- Fascinating to see Mr Calvitta as Treigning Lab state that TJ made these decisions.
-This seems smarter than how Mr Carmichael handled the Lance situation. I feel like we never really heard from him on that. In both cases, you have some master-mind coach who is seemingly unaware of their prize athlete doing PEDs that should have affected training numbers. No accusations, just pointing out weird discrepancies.

#4- Who gives a shit? Well, it is EPO and if you are a fan of MMA or not, it is EPO! This is not ostarine or a diarrhetic.
-Again, who gives a shit? Because UFC is regulated by USADA! (go on the USADA, because they even have their own tab)

Ok, no accusations, either, but fascinating to see the tri-world in the MMA controversies and we are talking legit endurance PEDs.

Good luck to the power junkies and cda nerds with how this relates to endurance sport- you might need to get a little blood on your computer screen to figure it out.

later,
billy
Endurance Athlete and Coach
Naval Academy Triathlon Coach (USNA '00 and USMC)
billythekidtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [Billy the Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billy the Kid wrote:
There are a few of us that think of MMA as the other multi-sport and I probably consume equal media on both.

(Lurking the forum due to other topics and wanted to speak-up since I enjoy the MMA stuff. Overall, the PED thing is FASCINATING when you look at what is happening in MMA and endurance sports and all Olympic sports actually. Don't confuse fascination with acceptance, but there is cross-over with issues- esp with the Jon Jones cases.)

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

#1- Sam Calvitta is his strength conditioning coach. TJ is huge on this guy- esp that interview. TJ raves about Sam's own fitness and "doing ironmans and stuff."
-I always enjoy MMA guys talking about doing triathlons and ironmans as this next level of fitness- because MMA and most combat sport requires near equal levels of fitness.

#2- Mr Calvitta is actually an ironman-certified coach! (not saying this does anything for him but shows he has shelled out the cash to get that certification and coach triathletes).

#3- Press release today came out- Fascinating to see Mr Calvitta as Treigning Lab state that TJ made these decisions.
-This seems smarter than how Mr Carmichael handled the Lance situation. I feel like we never really heard from him on that. In both cases, you have some master-mind coach who is seemingly unaware of their prize athlete doing PEDs that should have affected training numbers. No accusations, just pointing out weird discrepancies.

#4- Who gives a shit? Well, it is EPO and if you are a fan of MMA or not, it is EPO! This is not ostarine or a diarrhetic.
-Again, who gives a shit? Because UFC is regulated by USADA! (go on the USADA, because they even have their own tab)

Ok, no accusations, either, but fascinating to see the tri-world in the MMA controversies and we are talking legit endurance PEDs.

Good luck to the power junkies and cda nerds with how this relates to endurance sport- you might need to get a little blood on your computer screen to figure it out.[/

Brilliant!! The Treigning Lab post was very awkward imo. We’ll see how this whole thing shakes out. Will be interesting indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:

I missed this one but just caught snippet of Rogan talking about the EPO positive. Rogan is fine, he has a lot of interesting guests but he tends to have a pretty low information count. He obviously does not know anything about EPO - "I heard guys in the tour de France are having strokes" and "there was not a test but they just came out with a test." I think this is true for a lot of topics that he discusses.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [King_of_QZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Part of Sam Calavitta's statement:

"As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself heard among the masses plagued by willful ignorance."

Wut?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed,

This dude is a math professor working in the world of MMA (and also triathlfun- maybe he is reading this? Sam, you there?). I think using less words to form a concise thought is not in the cards.

Again, imagine if Mr Carmichael had come out with that statement back in January of 2013?

Also, TJ was also busted on EPO for an earlier date, as well. This situation was no accident. Mr Calvitta has been working with this guy for awhile, so not sure how the super smart genius guy can truly distance himself. I am not calling TJ the Lance of MMA, but the parallels to include being accused and denying previous teammates doping claims are fascinating.

-

later,
billy
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [Billy the Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm all for big words and eloquent expressions. I fancy myself pretty good at understanding English. I'm also pretty sure that made no sense at all! He had a few other strange turns of phrase in there that were incorrect, but at least made sense.

I'm making no comment whatsoever on his involvement with TJ's EPO use. I know nothing about it.

Are we going to be lining up against eachother again this year? I'm not racing Boulder 70.3, but we're getting several guys to race in the elite wave for the Peak. You should join us!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else a Joe Rogan podcast listener and listen to TJ Dillashaw rant and rave about his coach. Is it same as the one doing Boulder Ironman?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed,

I am speaking rhetorically. It's ok, there are plenty of trolls out there accusing him, I am sure.

I am still curious as to how or where the OP got his info on Mr Calvitta doing IM Boulder (maybe it was part of the pod discussion). You can join me out on the course watching with needles and labeled EPO coolers (please assume last sentence would be in pink!) Is the the OP a local?

I got Paris-Brest-Paris (1200km) in August so that is my focus. We could do the Superior Downhill mile or the Avery 4km? I am thinking focus on run fast while I bike long in 2019. Swimming is not there right now. Actually, I am not too fit except for biking more miles in a day than you do in a week. Talk soon, or feel free to talk shit, it might get me motivated to work on my tan (swim).

-

later,
billy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His name IS on IRONMAN Boulder start list.

TJ has to have someone he really would trust dosing and controlling his EPO. So so much to lose. (I really liked TJ as a competitor too)..

This whole thing is super interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know. He sounds like an idiot. Its pretty well known how to micro dose it and still test clean. Drug tests are just IQ tests and I'm not shocked he failed.
Quote Reply