Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside
Quote | Reply
Why am I seeing bib numbers during bike at these two races? Also, I didn't see them in 2018 pictures or 70.3 Texas from this year. Are they required for certain races now?
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, because oceanside passes through a military base on the bike bibs are required
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AFAIK WTC official rules do not require the number bib on the bike. That much being said I have done several WTC races where the required it and it was clearly mentioned during the pre race briefing. Annoying to have that thing flapping around.
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you have a bike number, the number is written on your shoulder and you have to wear a bib?

I haven't done ironman in quite a while, the numbering seems really redundant.
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the bike rules

From the run rules

Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it depends under which union the race is sanctioned, have done half and full i DK and it was not needed, going to spain in 2 weeks and athletes guide says it IS needed.
Do not get why, so damn annoying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At any of the races I do in Europe you have to wear the bib during the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience also
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race specific rules. Oceanside requires it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Are race bib numbers on bike required for certain races? Seeing on pros' pics at IMSA and oceanside [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Behan wrote:
At any of the races I do in Europe you have to wear the bib during the bike.

I saw quite a few people on the bike leg at 70.3 Mallorca last year without a bib on a race belt - only helmets and the bike itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were a requirement at IMSA, always have been. There is no body marking at IMSA.
Last edited by: Pmswanepoel: Apr 10, 19 9:18
Quote Reply