Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Fastest Aero Disc wheels for wider tires.... [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:
hambini wrote:
Coming from a company who designs their wheels without including the spokes in CFD....

bruh

Coming from an individual that has been widely discredited by very knowledgeable folks, and among many other things posted a legal letter that was supposedly from Flo's lawyers but was obviously faked.
Quote Reply
Re: New Fastest Aero Disc wheels for wider tires.... [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing that is being completely missed in the tyre, wheel frame width debate is the frame!
So for instance I have a p4.
This was a frame designed around narrow wheels, both front and back.

It tests fasted for me with an old 808 prefirecrest in the front and a flat narrow disc in the back. Both with 21mm tyres.

This is because the front fork is narrow, so needs clearance either side of the wheel to pass the air through.

What we found in testing as width increased was not much change until you hit around 27mm rim width, then it was terrible. The slowest wheel by far was a 27.5 width wheel, I won’t name it.

This wheel was fastest in most other frames.

Same with the rear. The fastest combo was a mavic comete and 21 conti tyre.

So although it may seem good for the wheel, when tested in isolation it might not be great for the combo.
Quote Reply
Re: New Fastest Aero Disc wheels for wider tires.... [hambini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hambini wrote:
Canadian wrote:
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Quote:
Hunt wheels seem to get nothing but excellent reviews, heck I plan on getting a set for my gravel bike soon.

https://www.hambini.com/...hich-one-is-fastest/
Would disagree!

• The FLO cycling and Hunt wheels performed badly, they appear to have been designed by individuals with a limited understanding of aerodynamics of rotating objects. As such they generated unnecessary separation and could not deal with the separated airflow

In all fairness, I'm not sure Hambini is the best source for accurate data.

Coming from a company who designs their wheels without including the spokes in CFD....
Is it necessary, useful, or wise, to perpetuate this feud on a public forum?
The previous thread was an embarrassment. Do you really want to resume?
Quote Reply
Re: New Fastest Aero Disc wheels for wider tires.... [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
buzz wrote:
hambini wrote:

bruh

Coming from an individual that has been widely discredited by very knowledgeable folks, and among many other things posted a legal letter that was supposedly from Flo's lawyers but was obviously faked.

yawn...

I didn't fake it. Either FLO or one of their touts got in touch with the UK solicitor to send it. End of story. I found it to be quite an elaborate way of deflecting attention from their design. I notice they haven't publicly admitted to failing to design for spokes. How negligent is that??! Hold on... I'll design a plane without any landing gear.

And the knowledgeable people you refer to seem to have a background in medical devices, HVAC and bike pumps.

HELLO HAMBINI FANS!!!
Last edited by: hambini: Jul 25, 19 4:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hambini wrote:
...And the knowledgeable people you refer to seem to have a background in medical devices, HVAC and bike pumps.
Those being?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hambini wrote:
And the knowledgeable people you refer to seem to have a background in medical devices, HVAC and bike pumps.

you are a troll. it is proven again and again, here, and on the other forum.

bike pumps? we know who you mean, and everyone knows the tremendous depth of his expertise with wheel and tire design.

i don't care to speculate as to WHY you are trolling so badly (i notice your bs starting to get repeated in a lot of places too), but you don't belong here. its hard enough to have high quality conversations about this topic amongst sincere participants without people deliberately subverting it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hambini wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
buzz wrote:
hambini wrote:

bruh

yawn...

I didn't fake it. Either FLO or one of their touts got in touch with the UK solicitor to send it. End of story. I found it to be quite an elaborate way of deflecting attention from their design. I notice they haven't publicly admitted to failing to design for spokes. How negligent is that??! Hold on... I'll design a plane without any landing gear.

Why'd you hide your LinkedIn profile?
Quote Reply

Prev Next