Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Making handlebars square to front wheel
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a method to make sure their handlebars are square to their front wheel, other than just eyeballing it? I always seem to be off by a few degrees. I know a small error won't really affect handling, but the visual bugs me...I talking drop bars, but I'm sure TT/Tri bars would be similar
Quote Reply
Re: Making handlebars square to front wheel [jsoderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah - I don't think you'll get something better than eyeballs and a test ride here. Visually - I tend to think your eyes are playing tricks on you. You can go by feel on the road if you think you need to pull the handlebars one way or another - as long as you feel your bike goes where you point it, it's fine,.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always wondered why there wasn't at least a visual aid, better some sort of mechanical linkage. I suppose standardizing it across manufacturers would be somewhat challenging, though no more than lots of other things that are standardized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know there is a tool for that:

But seriously I just eyeball it and think that tool might help prevent the bars from shifting on you but won't make them perfectly square (but still close enough though).
Last edited by: loxx0050: Apr 8, 19 14:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tune makes a laser guide.

https://cyclingtips.com/...ignment-tool-review/

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Making handlebars square to front wheel [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
You know there is a tool for that:

But seriously I just eyeball it and think that tool might help prevent the bars from shifting on you but won't make them perfectly square (but still close enough though).

How does the tool above help align the handlebars to the front wheel? To me, it only helps to make the handlebars square to the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Making handlebars square to front wheel [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike stand keeps the fork square with the frame/rear wheel.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply