Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You
Quote | Reply
I've been a long member of this community, so I hope you are hearing this from me. We just released this:

Friends and Partners,

We are extremely proud to have been a part of the triathlon community and to have had you as partners, allies, and friends over the last 7 and a half years. Regretfully, we will be announcing in a few moments that Tri Shop's run is nearing its end.

This has been an extremely difficult time for us as we've recognized we need to make this decision, but it is the right decision.

We are proud of Tri Shop, what it represents, and the relationships and partnerships we've enjoyed with all of you. We sincerely ask for your help and support one last time as we wind-down our operations over the next several weeks.

Any business during these final days would be much appreciated as we work through what is a very expensive and complicated process of closing a business and honoring our debts.

We ask you to share this information with your athletes, members, fans, and friends. Above all, we'd really appreciate seeing Tri Shop gear at races and events long after Tri Shop is gone. To everyone willing, buy a Tri Shop jersey, buy a Tri Shop triathlon kit, and wear it proudly.

We look forward to working with you this one last time and thank you again for your support and your friendship

Trent and Jennifer, Raul and Martha, and the entire Tri Shop Team

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This stuff is always devastating for me to hear. When I drive by shops and I see them abandoned it makes me upset. I'm sure this shop was your dream and it's soul crushing when those dreams come to an end. Thank you for helping push our sport. I'm sure in your years of operation you've helped countless people get introduced to the sport and many others have crazy amounts of success in the sport. Thank you for taking the chance on starting the business and even though it has come to an end we're all better off because it existed at all. Thank you for everything.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just ruined my day! I bought my bike from you guys and have been back several times and have had nothing but a 5-star experience. Not much to say but you'll be missed by the DFW tri community and best of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
This stuff is always devastating for me to hear. When I drive by shops and I see them abandoned it makes me upset. I'm sure this shop was your dream and it's soul crushing when those dreams come to an end. Thank you for helping push our sport. I'm sure in your years of operation you've helped countless people get introduced to the sport and many others have crazy amounts of success in the sport. Thank you for taking the chance on starting the business and even though it has come to an end we're all better off because it existed at all. Thank you for everything.

Many people say this but then all I see in my building's mail room are Amazon packages. Drives me crazy. People are willing to sell their souls for that last 2% discount and 1-day delivery.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by st001rtg [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received your email, and then saw the post here. I'm so sorry to hear you're closing your doors. I drove 5 hours to your shop to get a fit done and ended up walking out with a new bike purely because your service was so fantastic. Best of luck to you, your family, and your employees in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [st001rtg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
st001rtg wrote:
Bummed to hear this news. One of the best tri shops and one of the best tri bike fitters in the business. Good luck at your next venture.
+1000. Pretty devastating news to the north TX tri community. They gave a LOT back to that community.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear this. Endurance house closed and now TriShop. Your location is good and you have easy access right by the tollway, but I guess business hasn't been as good as I imagined. I like your bike techs, so they took care of my bike several times. I don't know where to go now. Good luck with everything and I will drop by on 4/22.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is obviously a bad industry trend. I don't have any first-hand knowledge about the reason the shop is closing, but DFW is a very competitive market with many cycling and tri shops. I honestly didn't think the Tri Shop had a chance to succeed when it opened, but--without knowing anything about their finances--it seemed to do very well and definitely created a strong, well-deserved following in the community. The Tri Shop is probably the best shop in DFW, certainly when it comes to triathlon, and especially the customer service experience. But, DFW is also a large place. So, I would/did certainly take the extra time to visit the Tri Shop for my bike fit, I would literally have to pass up like 6-10 other cycling/tri stores that are closer to me. None of them are my preferred destination, but for smaller stuff and simple bike repairs, I could never justify the longer trip. So, again, I don't even know that this decision was financially-based although I presume that was at least a factor. But, DFW is a tough market despite a large number of triathletes. So I don’t necessarily think this is an Amazon is taking over the world situation.

Regardless, best of luck to Trent. Hopefully he still hangs out around here once in a while, and blesses us with his knowledge .
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 10, 19 20:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You were an awesome and important part of so many triathlete's lives. Thank you for your time in the biz and don't ever think it wasn't worth it. Good luck and keep in touch if you need anything that I or we can help with.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear this. Your shop was so pleasant to work with. I told the team here and they were equally saddened.

With XLAB's roots starting in triathlon retail, first at Mail Order level then adding Brick & mortar storefront, we understand the challenges you have had to overcome over the years. To have come so far and be so well respected as I can see here, the crew there has done amazingly well and you should be all proud of what you have created up to this point!

Unfortunately retail has changed, not just in our industry, but across many other general sectors. We wish everyone there all the best in their next adventure!

To the athletes looking for gear - please support Tri Shop Texas as Trent has described above. Great crew there and they will be missed.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sucks. I am stopping by and buying some stuff for sure. I need a bike fit, a new bike and a new wet suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sorry to hear this. I've read you fit comments and have learned a lot from you. Hopefully you and the rest of the staff will land on your feet in short order.

Best of Luck.
FaS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am truly sad.

I actually flew half way across the country to get the best fit I have ever had and bought a bike and brought it home with me. The experience was phenomenal and the service and staff couldn't be beat. Every time I was in the Richardson area for business, I made a point to drop in at and least buy something.

I wish you the best in the future and thanks for making the athletes lives better while you were there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man.. I don't even live in Plano anymore and this still sucks.. I grew up right behind Cinemark and Chuey's on the other side of the tollway and Trishop was walkable for me. I got fitted for my first ever bike there 3 years ago. Every time I was home I would make a point to stop by, and I planned/still plan to stop by when I am back in a week and a half. I'll be racing my first Ironman at Ironman Texas.

Thank you for everything you have done, and for fitting me on a bike for a sport I now love. You will be missed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys, that is terrible news. I always followed you on fb and through this forum. Always helpful on this form, always sharing information.
We know the market is tough although in EU we have an increasing market in bike and tri. I feel terrible for you and wish you all the best in the future and hope you come out as good as possible.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
aerobean wrote:

Many people say this but then all I see in my building's mail room are Amazon packages. Drives me crazy. People are willing to sell their souls for that last 2% discount and 1-day delivery.

Yup, people who proudly have high end electric cars, gripe about our childrens future, american jobs, and global warming, have giant Amazon boxes of emtpy air space overnight cargo jet flown, and delivered by diesel trucks all-week-long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t even explain how much I hate to hear this news. I was just in the shop on Friday buying a new Tri Shop kit for Galveston. I’m a longtime customer and fan of not just the shop, but the people - Trent, Raul, Tommy, etc. All great and knowledgeable folks that I call my friends.

Tri Shop has the best fits, bikes, gear, service and people in Dallas, probably all of Texas, hands down. Heck, I even met Dan there last spring.

I’m going to miss you all and the shop. I still expect I’ll see Raul and Tommy racing. I’ll see you guys before close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking to head here for a long time but never had a trip that way. Little out of my way heading to Houston, but this sounds like this makes up my mind to head by on the 22nd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sad to hear this, Trent. I'll have to come by this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shop is Near the End of Its Run - Thank You [Jimmy B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimmy B. wrote:
I’m going to miss you all and the shop. I still expect I’ll see Raul and Tommy racing. I’ll see you guys before close.
Maybe this is the trigger for Trent to resume his racing career! Trent???
Quote Reply