Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: keto and endurance racing [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FasterTwitch wrote:
Your Link:

Also, this lady starts by talking about endurance athletes...but then mentions CX and crits? Where on Earth is a 1 hour bike race considered endurance?

Bear in mind that say 'middle-distance' running is 500m to 3K. So less than 10 minutes. From that perspective 1 hour is considered an endurance event.
Last edited by: ianm: Jul 31, 19 2:43
Quote Reply
Re: keto and endurance racing [Sasquatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sasquatch wrote:
My girlfriend is on a LCHF diet. She has a spectacular ass. Debate over.

We have a winner!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: keto and endurance racing [adamga1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ketogenic diet works by raising your body to go into a state of ketosis, when stored fat is used for energy rather than the glucose that comes from carbs. Ketogenic diets are not just for losing weight. Many endurance athletes also turn to these very low-carb, high-fat diets to boost their performance.
Quote Reply
Re: keto and endurance racing [Kiwi Spud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to avoid the huge debates about professionals and girlfriends etc. I went keto for seizure control for about a year. I put a lot of thought into the decision. I have a PhD in neuropsychology and work in a hospital. I consulted with dietitians, cardiologist, and GI using my personal data. I measured my blood and urine level every other day and logged them in an SPSS database along with micro data about food. I was in ketosis consistently for 9 months.

I can tell you that when you go into ketosis you feel like you have the flu. You will experience problems sleeping and maintaining ketosis. Exercising for long periods of time was a challenge for me. My carbs were less than 5% of my diet and that included all carbs even vegetables. The dietitian recommended a small carb boost before working out but I had trouble staying in ketosis those days. I had trouble keeping power up, keeping speed up, and recovering.

Lots of people are doing fad keto diets to lose weight for 10-11 weeks. Weight loss makes you faster, but that’s not true keto. Figure out your goal, keto isn’t great for everyone or really anyone. Most people that say they are doing it never test to see if they are in ketosis and never actually reach that state.
Quote Reply

Prev Next