Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri cycling shoe recommendation for wide feet
Quote | Reply
Had specialized tri vents for years, have now pissed in them enough and think they are contributing to/causing/at least not helping a morton’s Neuroma that it’s time for the dust bin.

Have high arches and wide feet

Whatcha got?
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 7, 19 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe recommendation for wide feet [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake and Bont are pretty much your only options. Shimano makes wide too actually.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a big fan of my wide toe box Shimano TR9 shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a high arch and wide forefoot.

Lake in wide was a revelation when I put them on. I got lucky and found a new pair in my size on ebay for $15 to test out. Now I'd buy them again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing. Resorted to making my own which really means custom. I had to cut the sides of my “wide” lakes and can’t do more than 2 hours in them. Very nice shoe just not wide. Shimano was horrible. Everything else was crazy tight. I do think DMT was decent when I tried a buddy’s (after I had made my own) but since none of these smaller brands offer an easy way for me to try them on I got frustrated and figured I could make my own.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe recommendation for wide feet [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful with Shimano, depending on where your foot as wide, they can be awful... They have a wide forefoot, but they taper very quickly, I know for me, the problematic width for my feet is in the midfoot area, and shimanos are one of the worst shoes for my feet...

Again, a good shoe will depend on where the width is... Louis Garneau's Tri shoes were the first cycling shoe that I had that even felt comfortable. I'm currently in a pair of Scott Tri-Carbons, they are a fairly narrow shoe, but are wide enough in the right spot for me, and I like the single strap boa closure option... Sidis may work, again, depending on where the width is in your foot, but the consensus generally wide options are Lake and Bont... The lace up style shoes then to accommodate a higher volume foot as well, because you can adjust the tension in different spots, so those might be an option (you could sub in elastic laces to speed transitions as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IDK if vittoria makes Tri shoes but they are very wide and have a ton of height/room for high arches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t overlook shoe quality as an important part of your decision-making process. A more comfortable, better-quality, supple shoe, may very well feel more comfortable even if slightly narrower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can find a Northwave Tribute they run really wide and are a good shoe. I’ve got a pair in each bike.
They don’t make them anymore but you can find them cheap.

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont and lintamen shoe comments

Just ordered a pair of bont zero plus using a promo code. Very excited to finally have some comfortable shoes that fit my very wide feet (115mm).

I ordered size 44, double wide, speedplay version for $30 (US) more than the ‘off the shelf’ shoes they carry.
Wait time is expected to be 4-5 weeks to ship. There is still a big price tag with the bonts.

The shoes I used before were far cheaper; Lintamen minimal shoes. Have worn them for Ironman. Very comfy and the most adjustable shoes ever (length and width), but without the stiffness or finish quality of other narrow / standard shoe brands. The lintamens have been surprisingly robust for me, but I want a stiffer shoe, hence ordering bonts. When I ordered the lintamens they took about 7-8 weeks to arrive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Certain models of Lake shoes are wide; some narrow. You need to check which one. In fact, they do make some wide models as well. (https://www.lakecycling.com) I have Shimano and they are slightly wide, but the Lake shoes far surpass the quality of Shimano, and I'm looking at a pair right now, although I need narrow. Here's their listing of the wide versions....https://www.lakecycling.com/collections/road/Wide
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe recommendation for wide feet [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar post/question in the May time frame. You might want to check it out. There were some good comments and suggestions. I ended up getting Bonts. Pro's - HUGE difference with my neuroma!!! Cons - the rubber at the bottom of the heel of the shoe is disintegrating (started after only a few rides). Response from Bont was that if I wanted to pay $20+ for shipping, they would send me new heel pads, so I just taped it up and it seems to be holding.
Quote Reply