Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone! I'm a 20yr old triathlon rookie coming from a bike racing background. In around 4 weeks time i'm racing 70.3 Aix 'd Provence as a deep dive into triathlon. Below i've got some pictures where you can see my current setup on my Trinity TT edition from Team Sunweb (former bike of Nikias Arndt for the fans). Here I have three pictures of three 'different' positions, relaxed position where my head is relaxed and aero (I think), one where i'm looking ahead in that position (a bit of strain on the neck after some time) and the third one where I twist my pelvic which is something i'm not yet comfortable enough to sustain for a long period of time (getting there I think!). Do you have some suggestions I can make? I'm riding a 170mm crank and sit at around 85.5cm (bracket to top of saddle), so I've got quite some legs (at 6"4 or 195cm). I am currently getting the pad 1cm further up front and i'm looking at getting new (longer) extensions. For you I have a few questions;
Which Extensions Shall I get? Currently deciding between the Profile Design 4525 Extensions or the 50a/c extensions. I'm looking for a 'high' hand position and i'm wondering which one would fit better. These are the only ones that have the length (around 40cm) I need and are at a decent price.

I'm also looking for a new aero helmet. Currently deciding between the Lazer Victor and the Lazer Wasp Air Tri. I'm probably not racing in a lot of very hot racing so looking for the one that fits my position best.

Last question; Does anyone know if the TT version of the Trinity allows you to get the 750ml integrated front hydration? Can't find alot of information about it....
Sorry for all the questions, just finding it interesting to hear anyones opinion! Thanks in advance and see the pictures and videolink below.

https://vimeo.com/328686729

Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit [Joeyyy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your positions look very uncomfortable. Can you sustain those for long periods of time? A super aggressive position is not good if you can’t maintain it while generating power.
I would invest in the bike fast fit app in the App Store. I’ve obtained a real good position without having to spend a lot of $$$ on a fit.
I’m attaching my fit. All my angles are within the parameters of what current standards are.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit [Ghostrider77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how to post my bike fit-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ghostrider77 wrote:
Your positions look very uncomfortable. Can you sustain those for long periods of time? A super aggressive position is not good if you can’t maintain it while generating power.
I would invest in the bike fast fit app in the App Store. I’ve obtained a real good position without having to spend a lot of $$$ on a fit.
I’m attaching my fit. All my angles are within the parameters of what current standards are.
In Reply To:
Actually pretty comfortable yes! I could ride on this bike for hours without any pain/aches. Only thing is my neck with sighting so I'm definitely gonna put the 1cm spacer in between. Also no wobbling in the back or shoulders, that's probably due to alot of flexibility and experience with riding agressively.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple things-
If your position is comfortable, I wouldn’t change it. However, I would try to elevate the head a bit more to avoid cranking on the neck to see. Maybe raising the pads a bit?
Also, I would not not to rotate your hips forward. This disengages the glutes and requires more quad which you’ll need for the run.
I would play around with it and find your sweet spot. You should notice and feel a difference b/t an anteriorly vs posteriorly rotated pelvis. You should feel more power with the hips rotated posteriorly
Aero helmet- by a cheap giro advantage 2. Still relevant

Lastly, I have Zipp Vuka evos. They make a 110 version. Great for high hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joeyyy wrote:

Last question; Does anyone know if the TT version of the Trinity allows you to get the 750ml integrated front hydration? Can't find alot of information about it....

Hi. I have a TT and looked into this quite extensively. I believe there is a thread on here. The answer is no. I bought a Profile Design FC35. Works well.
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit [Livelee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear! For now i'm using a bottlecage in between the extensions with a 500ml bottle. Works pretty well, can't drink in the aero position but yeah... Thanks for the reply!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your position looks fast for such a tall person.
Your saddle may be a little high. Aim for 150-155 degrees knee angle. Your hip angle looks good at tdc 170mm cranks help.
You don't mention your saddle but if you're comfortable don't change.
Which helmet will you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mate you look too low and too close with the aero bars. This isn’t a 20km roadie TT, it’s a 90km tough tri ride. There is some research that shows no wattage loss with normal tri speed of around 36-40kph with a back angle from 8-20 degree. That lets you look forward and also helps open up the hips which helps you run later. Just be honest, there is no way you are holding that position for 2.15-2.5 hours? Also you saddle looks to high. You look ready to do a 4000 pursuit track race and at 60kph that set up is very important. I am worried for anyone you pass as you will like crash into them and most 70.3 are pretty congested.

Like someone else said, go get a bike fit. If you ride like this after a swim the run won’t go well. All the best too you, sorry for being brutal.

Take a look at some of the best tri guys in the world and there set ups no where near that aggressive.

Lastly if you are from a cycle background you prob over pace the bike and walk the run, bike is for show run is for $doe$ so don’t forget it’s a 3 sport now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's with the top gun glasses?

But seriously I would come up and get longer. By getting longer you should be able to get more pelvic rotation which does look a little better in the picture that is labeled as such however if you take notice your contact points on your arm rest are different in that picture IE you're losing reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also way to sneak in a picture of your significant other in the reflection in the window...

Maverick!
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on my Giant Trinity TT Fit [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the honest feedback! Appreciate it and thats what i'm here for. Right now i've changed a few things, I'll be making a picture of the new position this thursday. I've gotten 2cm extra spacers which gives me alot more relaxation in primarily the neck and shoulder muscles. I've also gotten 2cm extra reach and 6cm longer extensions in which I feel got even more reach due to the elbows being able to stay further up front. Sadly I only have had 4 rides on this bike yet, which is a total bummer due to the seatpost that had to be extended and which took some time. My 70.3 race is next week which (I know) is a pretty risky move riding 90km's in this position, luckily the muscles feel better with every workout I do on it. All in all I hope I got some legs to run a decent time, but most importantly is just enjoying the scenes and crossing the line.
Btw; i've bought a Lazer Wasp air tri due to a good deal I got on it. Will be showing it in the new position!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are a week out now just stick with the set up you are used to. Love the attitude that crossing line main aim race one. You will learn heaps and be able to go away train better and race better next time. Have a good race and welcome to long course tri, it’s an addictive sport!
Quote Reply