Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Gives new meaning to first marriage is for love, second is for money.

from Bloomberg news.
“Grateful to have finished the process of dissolving my marriage with Jeff with support from each other and everyone who reach out to us in kindness,” MacKenzie Bezos wrote on Twitter. “Happy to be giving him all of my interests in the Washington Post and Blue Origin, and 75% of our Amazon stock plus voting control of my shares to support his continued contributions with the teams of these incredible companies.”

although there is so much money involved and her present and future worth depends on his success, I still sense sincerity and goodwill in the statement above.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruby1 wrote:
MacKenzie Bezos - 36.5B plus whatever else she has stashed away

http://www.msn.com/...r-AAC1kH2?ocid=ientp

"MacKenzie Bezos announced in a letter on Tuesday that she had signed the Giving Pledge, a commitment to give half of her $35 billion in assets, or at least $17 billion, to charity over her lifetime or in her will.

"And that’s what makes MacKenzie Bezos’ decision so revealing. The Bezos couple had nine years to sign the Giving Pledge and declined to do over and over again. But as soon as MacKenzie Bezos was in charge of her own personal fortune, she immediately signed the document. That obviously raises questions about whether she disagreed with her husband about their philanthropic strategy."
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

"MacKenzie Bezos announced in a letter on Tuesday that she had signed the Giving Pledge, a commitment to give half of her $35 billion in assets, or at least $17 billion, to charity over her lifetime or in her will.

"And that’s what makes MacKenzie Bezos’ decision so revealing. The Bezos couple had nine years to sign the Giving Pledge and declined to do over and over again. But as soon as MacKenzie Bezos was in charge of her own personal fortune, she immediately signed the document. That obviously raises questions about whether she disagreed with her husband about their philanthropic strategy."

I think she disagreed more with him banging that other chick.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

Probably, but her life is so much more rewarding now.... and she makes him look bad too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
j p o wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

Probably, but her life is so much more rewarding now.... and she makes him look bad too.

I admittedly haven't followed this story or know anything about what transpired between them, or what they do in their spare time.

However, why does she make him look bad?.....just because he won't agree to give half of his fortune away to charity...Why is that everyone's expectations? It's his fuggin' money.

Which at this point, would be 75% of his fortune gone...the 50% she got plus half of the remainder.

He is trying to get a rocket / space company built and I believe also looking to do a Mars push. Quite frankly I would much prefer him to use all his money on space exploration, rather than to give it away to terrestrial charity.

I strongly believe that pushing out into space is ultimately the only way the human race survives long term. If not by our own hand, a meteor will do us in or eventually the sun will burn us up.

Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Endo.... why is it necessary to give 50% away to look good... is this somekind of wealth shaming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
j p o wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

I admittedly haven't followed this story or know anything about what transpired between them, or what they do in their spare time.

However, why does she make him look bad?.....just because he won't agree to give half of his fortune away to charity...Why is that everyone's expectations? It's his fuggin' money.

Which at this point, would be 75% of his fortune gone...the 50% she got plus half of the remainder.

He is trying to get a rocket / space company built and I believe also looking to do a Mars push. Quite frankly I would much prefer him to use all his money on space exploration, rather than to give it away to terrestrial charity.

I strongly believe that pushing out into space is ultimately the only way the human race survives long term. If not by our own hand, a meteor will do us in or eventually the sun will burn us up.

because its the right thing to do, whatever percentage it is (10% is fine too.) Just my opinion. The article touches on the Giving thing too if you had a chance to read it, and there is no consensus among the uber wealthy folks about it.
All the space stuff is great too.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: May 28, 19 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
I'm with Endo.... why is it necessary to give 50% away to look good... is this somekind of wealth shaming.

50% is a lot for sure, but there a lot of room between the allegedly 1% (or less) and 50%.

https://nypost.com/...-fortune-to-charity/
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

Yes and it’s obvious there is a large percentage of people that are completely fine with this shaming because billionaires need to do their fair share. I don’t care what he does with his money but there are gonna be a lot of people that try to make him look evil from it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if I would want to be responsible for the management of 35B.

But if I were involved, I would want to be involved in a purely professional manner.

Having my emotional and private life mixed up with that kind of money would be extremely stressful!!

I can purchase everything I want and need with my own assets.

Why would I want to get involved with something that would not increase my own happiness, but would add stress and responsibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:

Why would I want to get involved with something that would not increase my own happiness, but would add stress and responsibility.

https://www.superyachttimes.com/...ht-ulysses-delivered
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That kind of money is easy. You could royally fuck up lose half and still have billions. It’s a lot more stressful, if you say you have 2 million and 50 percent loss could dramatically change your lifestyle.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goosedog wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:

https://www.superyachttimes.com/...ht-ulysses-delivered

Perfect illustration!!!

"All I wanted was to go camping on a secluded beach.
Instead, I am managing a team of engineers and support staff, as they manage an expensive (and ugly machine) on an unnecessary journey."
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: May 28, 19 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
That kind of money is easy. You could royally fuck up lose half and still have billions. It’s a lot more stressful, if you say you have 2 million and 50 percent loss could dramatically change your lifestyle.

From the Little Prince:
"You are always responsible for what you tame."
You can be irresponsibly with an estate of any and every size.
But a large estate is more responsible.

The worst thing about this particular situation is that you would invariably get drawn into the responsibility.
But you will probably still be controlled by prenupts and other contracts.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: May 28, 19 12:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

He believes this too. I heard him on a podcast and he stated that because of this belief he's committed $1 billion of his own money to space annually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
j p o wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

I dunno, I always thought it was more the hairline (had to admit defeat and buzz it full egghead) and the lazy eye...?

Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes and it’s obvious there is a large percentage of people that are completely fine with this shaming because billionaires need to do their fair share. I don’t care what he does with his money but there are gonna be a lot of people that try to make him look evil from it.

If you have $35 billion and aren't doing something to help other people, you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not going to say it needs to be and particular percentage, and I think trying to define "fair share" has been nearly impossible. However, if you have the capability to do that much good, and choose not to do so, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to single you out for criticism.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [iBot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This resurrection left me wondering, what ever happened to Sanuk?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:

Probably went out for a bike ride and ended up in Paraguay.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:

Fought off Covid with smiles, good thoughts and cycling?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Available Girl on the Market [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
mv2005 wrote:

Probably went out for a bike ride and ended up in Paraguay.

lol. no kidding. I do miss his contribution here. I *think* he got sick of the 24/7 Trump stuff and left at some point during the Great Orange Reign.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next