Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anybody been to a Disney cruise? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
Disney is a floating restaurant, that you can eat 24 hours a day if you want. Outside of your assigned restaurant, there is a restaurant Cabans's that serves dinner every night that is walk in. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Also at night is the adult only restaurant (Palo) on Magic and Wonder, (Palo and Remi) on Fantasy and Dream. The adult only restaurant do require reservations.

If I recall, Palo (the one I did) and I would assume Remi are jacket required. Though I'm pretty sure most people don't abide by that rule. I don't think they will turn away the extra money.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody been to a Disney cruise? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall, Palo (the one I did) and I would assume Remi are jacket required. Though I'm pretty sure most people don't abide by that rule. I don't think they will turn away the extra money.

They have relaxed it. It's now no shorts, torn denim, or hats. If it's cooler wear a Jacket for dinner, and a polo for Brunch, but if it's warm I'll skip the jacket.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody been to a Disney cruise? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
Only food for dinner was mediocre burgers and pizza, your assigned restaurant, or the adult only additional charge spot.
I think you missed out on Cabana's for dinner. Most people forget it's open, but it's more than burgers.
We only realized it was open for dinner toward the end of the trip. We were planning on going the last night, but they didn't have it open that one night. If we had known we could have avoided keeping the kids up way past their expiration dates, but I assume the food there isn't as good as the normal places.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody been to a Disney cruise? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been on a Disney cruise but I spend the winter in my condo that's nearly adjecent to Port Canaveral. The Disney cruise ships depart a couple of times each week and they're really rocking as they leave Port. The best part is when 2 Disney ships have a "horn battle" and try to out-do the other by playing well-known Disney tunes on their horns. The passengers all seem to be enjoying themselves as they crowd the rails during departure, but they're only 15 minutes into the cruise, lol!

Hope you have a great time cruising Alaska!

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody been to a Disney cruise? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Disney cruise to Alaska is a great one. We did it in 2017. Went on the first sailing of the season (late May), so there weren't too many kids, and there was still some snow up at White Pass (up from Skagway) to go snowshoeing (something we don't get to do in Texas, so it was a novel excursion for us).

The Alaska itineraries are good for being able to book excursions independent of the cruise line to avoid some of their upcharging. We did book the snowshoeing/train ride in Skagway through the ship, and did the 'Glacier Explorer' or whatever it's called to get closer to Dawes glacier (though we also saw lots of glacier activity just from the ship itself, so I wouldn't consider that a must-do excursion).
In Juneau, we booked a smaller group whale watching excursion through Harv and Marv's.
In Ketchikan, we didn't book anything-- I used to work there, and we'd done the popular float plane out to Misty Fjords in the past. But it's a great excursion, and you can book it independently. Plenty of other things to choose from as well.

Have fun!
Quote Reply

Prev Next