Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mike Reilly book. Anyone read it?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering?

Review?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Reilly book. Anyone read it? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up a copy at the Racemania Expo in Boston that he signed. About halfway through so far.

Some really good stories, so far, most have been more tidbits, each chapter has several related stories in it. The stories of each person are not necessarily really deep, but what is necessary to explain their story and why kona/tri is significant to them.

Some amazing stories in it. Quite a few of the stories are ones that I think that most will have some knowledge about (hoyts), but there are some that I read about for the first time. Pretty well written, and interesting to hear how Mike got his start and his process.

Just reading it makes me want to do another full.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Reilly book. Anyone read it? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With training, family and work, who's got time to read? Waiting for an audio version for long runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Reilly book. Anyone read it? [Fhirleighinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fhirleighinn wrote:
Picked up a copy at the Racemania Expo in Boston that he signed. About halfway through so far.

Some really good stories, so far, most have been more tidbits, each chapter has several related stories in it. The stories of each person are not necessarily really deep, but what is necessary to explain their story and why kona/tri is significant to them.

Some amazing stories in it. Quite a few of the stories are ones that I think that most will have some knowledge about (hoyts), but there are some that I read about for the first time. Pretty well written, and interesting to hear how Mike got his start and his process.

Just reading it makes me want to do another full.
I read it on my flight today. Easy read.

In being around IM for over 20 years, many of the stories are familiar. Though I had no idea of the injury he sustained at IM Wisc

I had misunderstood the concept if the book, I had thought it was going to be his favorite handful of stories indepth but as mentioned above it was more just "above the fold" telling many stories without alot of meat.

Nonetheless, it tugged at the heartstrings as it was intended and it really highlights how much IM means to Mike and how much he truly cares for it and the participants. He is a wonderful ambassador of the sport.

I plan on listening to the audio if/when it comes out with Mike reading it.
Quote Reply