Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Super League Ottawa? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did the men’s race go down? I’d never heard of Arishita. Looks like he’s done some lower level ITU stuff.

I saw Hindman was 4th. Where did he run into trouble? My WAG is the bike, as that seems to be the area that develops latest.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Ottawa? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Arishita raced collegiately for Texas A&M, usually placed pretty well at collegiate nats. Ended up 3rd overall at the 2016 race. He's raced MLT since it began, I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Ottawa? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully if they do it next year they don't run it on the same weekend as a more established local tri - a lot of Ottawa people (myself included) were racing on Kingston.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Ottawa? [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They announced yesterday that they will be back in 2020 and 2021, which is great news. Hopefully there are 5x as many age groupers next year (the venue can easily handle that...). I'm not sure the dates for 2020 yet, but they realized that coinciding with K-Town affected the numbers in their age group race, so I suspect that they will try to avoid that clash next time.

Arishita has done some conti cup races (I think the odd world cup as well), he was racing Major League Tri, as well as the collegiate stuff. He raced very tactically, he was counting athletes in the eliminator, racing just hard enough to make it through the early rounds, and saving his legs for the final race. Longcroft-Harris was super impressive consistently pushing Bailee making him work for his wins. Nathan Killiam is a beast on the bike, he was consistently out the back off the swim, but then would ride his way back in, full gas, deep leans, in some cases, ahving to weave through guys to get back onto the main pack, but he always kept the rubber side down, and could usually make it back in... On the ladies side it was too bad that Paula Findlay's injury flared up and she had to pull out ahead of the second day... It opened the door for Ridenour to secure her ticket back to the championship series again this season, but it would have been great to see Paula clinch that ticket...

McShane and Van der Kaay were super strong (although with the ladies field down to 11 for the eliminator, the first two races were pack cruises, except for those at the back fighting to avoid elimination) throughout.
Quote Reply

Prev Next