Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kicker 2 living outside
Quote | Reply
I'm about to break down and buy a Wahoo Kickr (the 2018 version or Kickr 2, or whatever they're calling it). But here's my hesitation. I actually do my "indoor" training outdoors in a covered patio. If my Kickr lives out there, it won't get rained on but it will be exposed to the elements. I live in Florida, so nothing really cold. Anyone have any experience on whether this is a bad idea?
Quote Reply
Re: Kicker 2 living outside [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have experience with it being outside, but I'd say the risks are the same as any electronic device outside but covered. In Florida, I'd think the biggest risk is the salt in the air, which isn't as big of deal I'd guess if you didn't live close to the ocean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this for 3 years when I lived in Florida, didn’t have a problem with my Kickr. I did bring it inside after each use though, so that might have made a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an original kickr and am about to test this myself. Having to move into a temporary living situation while my house is being built. How close to the ocean are you? I lived at the beach for a time, and had a bike components rust out from sitting in a garage that wasn't insulated. You'd be fine to ride for a few hours, but if you're anywhere near the ocean I'd bring it inside when done.
Quote Reply