Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And So It Goes / Media
Quote | Reply
     Dafna Linzer managing editor of politics for NBC and MSNBC pressures another reporter to do what the DNC prefers with a story. He outs her on Twitter: Here's his whole thread or whatever:
-
https://twitter.com/.../1111678823072854016

- the bottom line
"
Yashar Ali 🐘‏Verified account @yashar
1. Yesterday, I received a call from @DafnaLinzer who serves as managing editor of NBC/MSNBC politics. Dafna's conduct during the call was highly inappropriate and unethical. So what was the purpose of her call? She called me to bully me on behalf of the DNC.
10:17 AM - 29 Mar 2019
Yashar Ali 🐘‏Verified account @yashar Mar 29
2. Dafna, who oversees the political coverage for NBC and MSNBC, was calling to bully me into delaying the publication of an innocuous scoop and at no point did she advocate for her network, it was only about the DNC. Here's how this all started...
"
Last edited by: dave_w: Mar 31, 19 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The media in bed with the DNC??? You don't say.. color me shocked!!
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“We have some great, great friends in the media, too,” (Trump) said. “If you look at Rush [Limbaugh] and Sean [Hannity] and Laura [Ingraham] and Steve [Doocy] and Ainsley [Earhardt] and Tucker [Carlson] and Jeanine [Pirro]!”

I honestly don't know why that's even a story. It's all propaganda anymore.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
“We have some great, great friends in the media, too,” (Trump) said. “If you look at Rush [Limbaugh] and Sean [Hannity] and Laura [Ingraham] and Steve [Doocy] and Ainsley [Earhardt] and Tucker [Carlson] and Jeanine [Pirro]!”

Does Limbaugh, et al claim to be straight news?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

What's the name of the channel they broadcast on?

Fox something....

But you're right. None of them present news.
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

Fox something....

Correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is that Fox News has “news” and they have “commentary”.

Hannity is labeled “commentary” and whoever does the “news” tries to play it straight?

Is this right? Or is Hannity a news anchor like Brokaw or Blizter (or Donner and Blitzen....)?

I’m pretty sure Hannity is right up front and honest about his political beliefs....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting there's actually "straight news" in today's media?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is that Fox News has “news” and they have “commentary”. "

Yes, Fox news is very passive aggressive with their propaganda.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm being completely sincere here:

Do you think for a second that Fox News viewers believe Hannity (and Ingraham, and Doocy, and Pierro, et al) is only offering his opinions, and that how he construes the events and facts supporting those opinions is also just a matter of opinion?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

Fox something....

What do you watch? CNN? MSNBC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

No.

And 3 mexican countries?

Let’s see...

1. Mexico

2. New Mexico

3. Gulf of Mexico

Yup. 3.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I'm being completely sincere here:

Do you think for a second that Fox News viewers believe Hannity (and Ingraham, and Doocy, and Pierro, et al) is only offering his opinions, and that how he construes the events and facts supporting those opinions is also just a matter of opinion?

I don’t know what Fox News viewers believe.

I’ve just been under the impression that Hannity is pretty open about being a conservative and is pushing a conservative agenda.

I don’t anything about those others you’ve named so I can’t comment on them at all.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

Fox something....

No particular news source, but they include BBC, AP, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNN, FoxNews, Al Jazeera. I listen to NPR and BBC World Service in the car. When on the treadmill I sometimes alternate between FoxNews and CNN to see how they're covering the same stories. I've never watched MSNBC.

You?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

Fox something....

No particular news source, but they include BBC, AP, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNN, FoxNews, Al Jazeera. I listen to NPR and BBC World Service in the car. When on the treadmill I sometimes alternate between FoxNews and CNN to see how they're covering the same stories. I've never watched MSNBC.

You?

Mostly local.. every once in awhile I'll tune in to blow hard Hannity on Fox and flip back and forth between him and CNN.. I watched Hannity for the entertainment factor when Barr released his Summary but I don't remember the last time I tuned into a network news source before that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Lots of news networks make errors in they chyrons, but what is scary here is that the trump obviously gets lots of information from this particular news show. So these sorts of things have much larger impact than other cases in the past.

Of course cutting off aid only going to increase asylum seekers, which is exactly what trump wants to happen for his reelection. Making people scared of immigrants is his only play and he will increase the suffering of millions simply to get reelected.
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course cutting off aid only going to increase asylum seekers, which is exactly what trump wants to happen for his reelection. Making people scared of immigrants is his only play and he will increase the suffering of millions simply to get reelected.

Exactly my thought when I heard it.

I thought something like that would be done closer to the election but using fear to get votes works well all the time, well at least for those who think Trump does things fr the good of the country.

In other words, it will work well with the Trump supporters.

Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All Trump has to do to be reelected is shut up and point at the how silly the Dems are. Start talking about what he did accomplish and let the Dems campaign on Russia Russia Russia and other stupid shit such as the New Green Deal. If he does that it will be an easy victory in 2020.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
All Trump has to do to be reelected is shut up and point at the how silly the Dems are. Start talking about what he did accomplish and let the Dems campaign on Russia Russia Russia and other stupid shit such as the New Green Deal. If he does that it will be an easy victory in 2020.
-
I agree, but put the chances of him shutting up at <5%, so at this point I see his reelection chances at less than 50%.
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Goes / Media [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
sphere wrote:

Lots of news networks make errors in they chyrons, but what is scary here is that the trump obviously gets lots of information from this particular news show. So these sorts of things have much larger impact than other cases in the past.

Why should be send any aid to them when they exported their problems to us?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
alternate between FoxNews and CNN to see how they're covering the same stories. /quote] I love doing that on election nights. I actually watch BBC election coverage since it's not all gasping at every return
Quote Reply