Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Texas 70.3 Bike Rental
Quote | Reply
Hi All! I get to be in Houston for work next weekend and I plan on getting down to Galveston for the race. I was hoping to ride Saturday but having a hard time finding somewhere to rent a road bike. Any suggestions? Or anyone want to rent a road bike they aren’t using and are going to the race? I would need something close to a 58cm and nothing special. Thanks everyone!

Steve Rosinski

Pro Triathlete - USA
Doctor Of Optometry
Steverosinski.com
Quote Reply
Re: Texas 70.3 Bike Rental [rosirunner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doubt your wanting to spend $499, but PlayTri does bike rentals at the races now as they are the official "store" of IRONMAN.
https://www.playtri.com/ironmantriathlonstore

Might not hurt to reach out and see if they have a lower "single day" rate for a road bike.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Last edited by: @BW_Tri: Mar 31, 19 4:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you going to be in Houston? I have a 58cm caad10 (measures like a 56 though) you could borrow. I’m in Katy.

Edit: I’ll also be down there Sunday for the race so could get it back then.
Last edited by: Sean H: Mar 31, 19 5:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Island Bicycle Company - +1 (409) 762-2453. Jeff normally has a big selection of beach rentals but he does have some road and mtb bikes.

Also, Johnny Zepeda at Fit Tri Run may be worth a shot. They are a retail tri/run shop with a couple of locations and he may be able to help - +1 (409) 539-5150

Those will be your best bets as far as bike shops.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Texas 70.3 Bike Rental [mikealva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys- thanks for your help! I will look into them!

Steve Rosinski

Pro Triathlete - USA
Doctor Of Optometry
Steverosinski.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike Barn is local and has several shops and a fairly decent fleet of bikes to rent: https://www.bikebarn.com/...e-rentals-pg1393.htm
Quote Reply