Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Collusion Related, John Brennan
Quote | Reply
   Well Brennan says "he may have “received bad information” while opining about the Russia investigation in his role as an MSNBC analyst". He's seemed unusually invested in the whole collusion scenario, and Like Rand Paul, I'm hoping we get an under oath accounting from him at some point.
-
"The day before his Capitol Hill meeting, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., tweeted he’d been told by a “high-level source” that Brennan “insisted that the unverified and fake Steele dossier be included in the Intelligence Report…”
Paul added: “Brennan should be asked to testify under oath in Congress ASAP.”"
-
https://www.foxnews.com/...onal-security-issues
Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt he will: (res using this gif again.. it as still on the copy clipboard ;o)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Collusion related." As in, "John Brennan colluded with others to create the entire phony Russia-collusion story"?

Also, whatever happened to that supposed Russian agent, Carter Paige? According to folks like Brennan, James Clapper, James Comey, Susan Rice et al., he was Boris Batinov, an ultra-secret Russkie sleeper agent, helping that guy in the White House steal the 2016 election from Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit with the help of his handlers in the Kremlin. Was Paige ever charged by Robert Mueller with any crime whatsoever? I don't think so.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This ties in with the article someone posted a few days ago (I did a quick search and couldn't find it) about the organization (some left-leaning shop, can't remember the name) which compiled and distributed biased reports about the investigation to media outlets. They'd send some info innocuous info to the FBI then send along 'news' that the FBI was 'investigating such and such' which they had just sent them. They misrepresented hearings and findings from the investigation and passed it off as news, sometimes news tied to the White House or the Congress. Lo and behold the big media outlets reported it as 'news' and it kept the Russia investigation front and center, day after day for two years.

Trump's an idiot and unfit for the job, and this investigation uncovered what Washington is all about: pay-for-play deals, tax evasion, money exchanging hands in illegal manners left right and center, but that's Washington for you, this Russia collusion bullshit was a false narrative from the Steele dosier until today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your point? I'm not defending Brennan...I'm just not following what this is other than catfighting between Paul and Brennan.
Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
What's your point? I'm not defending Brennan...I'm just not following what this is other than catfighting between Paul and Brennan.
-
There is a growing look back into how such charges that merited special counsel investigation came about. I'm actually surprised by how little curiosity from the left there is into an area they put so much stock into, yet coming up empty. At any rate, the IG is looking into possible FISA abuse, and several pubs; Graham, Nunes, etc are also looking for answers. I'm glad, and hope they find that everything was done decently and in order, but have read enough to doubt that will be the case. Brennan is a piece of work, and nobody more political or more seemingly personally invested, who also has their hands in things early on. He's also (like some others that BK mentioned) already shown he's perfectly willing to lie to congress as well as to you and me, so he's as good a place to start as any.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
At any rate, the IG is looking into possible FISA abuse,

I'd have a little more sympathy for this argument if it had, say, been presented prior to 2016 and followed some of the lawsuits of the ACLU seeking more transparency from FISA, etc. And not just waited for the celebrity billionaire to get caught up in it.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 30, 19 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
This ties in with the article someone posted a few days ago (I did a quick search and couldn't find it) about the organization (some left-leaning shop, can't remember the name) which compiled and distributed biased reports about the investigation to media outlets. They'd send some info innocuous info to the FBI then send along 'news' that the FBI was 'investigating such and such' which they had just sent them. They misrepresented hearings and findings from the investigation and passed it off as news, sometimes news tied to the White House or the Congress. Lo and behold the big media outlets reported it as 'news' and it kept the Russia investigation front and center, day after day for two years.

Trump's an idiot and unfit for the job, and this investigation uncovered what Washington is all about: pay-for-play deals, tax evasion, money exchanging hands in illegal manners left right and center, but that's Washington for you, this Russia collusion bullshit was a false narrative from the Steele dosier until today.

Fusion GPS and it's chief, Glen Simpson. They were working on behalf of the DNC, Hillary Clinton and others hoping to prevent that idiot in the White House from winning. Once he won, they went to work trying to basically overturn the results of the 2016 election.

Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

Fusion GPS and it's chief, Glen Simpson. They were working on behalf of the DNC, Hillary Clinton and others hoping to prevent that idiot in the White House from winning. Once he won, they went to work trying to basically overturn the results of the 2016 election.

Keep on looking away from all the actual inappropriate contacts between Trump campaign staff and the Russians. Definitely nothing to see there and definitely no reason for any investigation.

You're a true patriot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:
At any rate, the IG is looking into possible FISA abuse,

I'd have a little more sympathy for this argument if it had, say, been presented prior to 2016 and followed some of the lawsuits of the ACLU seeking more transparency from FISA, etc. And not just waited for the celebrity billionaire to get caught up in it.
-
Prior to when these possible abuses took place? Celebrity billionaire is apparently fine, but if the system was (and can be) manipulated by outside groups like Fusion along with a few inside who were vested in one direction or the other, we need to know, yes?
Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

Keep on looking away from all the actual inappropriate contacts between Trump campaign staff and the Russians. Definitely nothing to see there and definitely no reason for any investigation.

You're a true patriot.

What I am is someone who knows bullshit when he sees it. The entire Russia collusion gag was bullshit right from the start, aided and abetted by Simpson and his goons at Fusion GPS, and all in support of a sad dipsomaniac from Chappaqua, NY who just can't accept that she'll never be Preezy of the United Steezy.

Eh, you guys are so obsessed with getting that fucking idiot out of office before 2020 that it's kind of pathetic and sad, yet also funny at the same time. Which makes it doubly pathetic, sad and funny.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. Similar to Obama Derangement Syndrome, which is something I know a little about.

Quote Reply
Re: Collusion Related, John Brennan [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

You're a true patriot.

What I am is someone who knows bullshit when he sees it. The entire Russia collusion gag was bullshit right from the start, aided and abetted by Simpson and his goons at Fusion GPS, and all in support of a sad dipsomaniac from Chappaqua, NY who just can't accept that she'll never be Preezy of the United Steezy.

Eh, you guys are so obsessed with getting that fucking idiot out of office before 2020 that it's kind of pathetic and sad, yet also funny at the same time. Which makes it doubly pathetic, sad and funny.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. Similar to Obama Derangement Syndrome, which is something I know a little about.

As I said, keep on believing absolutely nothing inappropriate went on between the Trump campaign and the Russians. No meetings. No lies. No cover ups. No indictments.

It's impressive! Chapeau.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
-
Prior to when these possible abuses took place?

Yes, the over a decade when the ACLU filed lawsuits against the U.S. Justice Dept, and got zero support from almost any Congressmen, Democratic or Republican. All those abuses, against "little people."

An elite gets caught up in it and suddenly it's a 5-alarm fire. Which even that would be OK if the elite were to make common cause. But they haven't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:

-
Prior to when these possible abuses took place?

Yes, the over a decade when the ACLU filed lawsuits against the U.S. Justice Dept, and got zero support from almost any Congressmen, Democratic or Republican. All those abuses, against "little people."

An elite gets caught up in it and suddenly it's a 5-alarm fire. Which even that would be OK if the elite were to make common cause. But they haven't.
-
Point taken, but in this case it's not deciding the fate of an only an elite, but office of the POTUS. I'll stick with wanting to know if the intel agencies can decide who gets the office.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:

I'll stick with wanting to know if the intel agencies can decide who gets the office.

On the other hand it'd also be nice to know that the intel agencies could investigate the office. Because that particular office should be held to the highest standard. I'd argue the office should involve relinquishment of almost all privacy rights. E.g. even personal calls should be recorded. I'm more interested in protecting the rights of little people. Presidents generally have good legal backing. As in this case.

It's a fine balance.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 30, 19 15:45
Quote Reply