Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The somewhat semi-annual Oceanside weather thread (TriBodyBoarder, you've abandoned us.....)
Quote | Reply
Feeling nostalgic for Jay's weather and water temp threads.

Still too far out for any accuracy, but no storms or heat waves on the horizon. Shaping up as partly cloudy, 70 degree day with a little bit of a west wind. The "palm tree section" along Vandegrift could suck for later racers (or everyone). At least it won't be a headwind through the length of pendleton, been there done that and it sucked.

Water temps currently 60 with a little bit of warm weather between then and now, so about normal.
Quote Reply
Re: The somewhat semi-annual Oceanside weather thread (TriBodyBoarder, you've abandoned us.....) [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well looking out my front door(just a few miles from the north end of the bike course) it is sunny, warm, no wind, and the ocean looks nice(but cool at the moment) Halfspeed can give you a good water temp, he swims in it everyday, mostly without a wettie....
Quote Reply
Re: The somewhat semi-annual Oceanside weather thread (TriBodyBoarder, you've abandoned us.....) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Halfspeed can give you a good water temp, he swims in it everyday, mostly without a wettie....
Laguna is typically cooler than Oceanside. It was 57 this morning, so I suspect Oceanside is about 60. We have, however, noticed that the past several days, the temperature has been dropping.
Good luck to all the racers. Kinda wish I was doing it, despite my hampered run capability. So instead, I’m running a trail race in Black Star Canyon (Into The Wild)... go figure!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: The somewhat semi-annual Oceanside weather thread (TriBodyBoarder, you've abandoned us.....) [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't plan work travel very well. Just back from SD last night. I should have put the work trip off a week and stuck around for the race. Windy downtown yesterday, but a beautiful sunny day.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still showing 65 ish but more importantly dropping swell through Saturday. While I'd love a little surf action to break the pack up, I'd like to have that ocean start more (and anything over 2-3 feet likely to cancel that).
Quote Reply