Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Forget Wind-- It's water
Quote | Reply
I can't help but pile on. In that same Trump stump BS affair in Grand Rapids Mi., previously posted in the I know wind thread, as reported by Washington Post's David Nakamura, Mr Trump endeared himself to the locals with this expansive, yet disingenuous display of incomprehensible knowledge of local water.

Trump said he was going to fully fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, contradicting his 2020 budget proposal that massively cut the program.

" I support the Great Lakes. Always have. They're beautiful. They're big. Very deep. Record deep, "
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump doesn’t know what is actually in his budget proposal. He also said recently he didn’t know about cutting the special Olympics budget, but it was in his budget.

Also I haven’t played civilization in a while, but I think crater lake is the deepest lake in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Trump doesn’t know what is actually in his budget proposal. He also said recently he didn’t know about cutting the special Olympics budget, but it was in his budget.

Also I haven’t played civilization in a while, but I think crater lake is the deepest lake in the USA.

maybe he means the record deepness for the great lakes.. not record overall. Atleast that is the way I would hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

maybe he means the record deepness for the great lakes.. not record overall. Atleast that is the way I would hear it.

If by record deepness you mean right around historical average and not having anything to do with being deeper or shallower than ever, sure. Or he might be record stupid.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

He doesn't mean anything. He just says words. The best words.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
" I support the Great Lakes. Always have. They're beautiful. They're big. Very deep. Record deep, "

So deeper lakes are better than shallow lakes?
Has Trump weighted in on what type of bears are best?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any truth to the great lakes getting deeper?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

Please nobody tell him about Baikal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

here's the answer:

https://www.mlive.com/...crats-skeptical.html

"Trump’s announcement came after he spoke with U.S. Reps. John Moolenaar of Midland, Bill Huizenga of Zeeland and Jack Bergman of Watersmeet in the presidential limousine on the way to the rally, where they urged Trump to support $300 million in funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative."

Trump changes his mind based on the last person he talked to --- so this is his position until someone he talks to wants the complete opposite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

Sure - all that poo from windy, JSA, and BLeP eventually results in a measurable increase in the water level.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
gofigure wrote:

Please nobody tell him about Baikal.

It's in Russia. Im sure he loves it.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

really does not matter.. unless you wanna just mark it down as another lie. Which I'm sure the left has begun fact checking already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

really does not matter.. unless you wanna just mark it down as another lie. Which I'm sure the left has begun fact checking already.

It is not a lie. It is gibberish that shows he doesn't know anything about anything. But hey, he is sticking it to those intellectual elites.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It is not a lie. It is gibberish that shows he doesn't know anything about anything. But hey, he is sticking it to those intellectual elites.

agreed it's gibberish... but will be "fact checked" non the less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
[

Be sure and let me know when you get to the bottom of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget Wind-- It's water [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:

here's the answer:

https://www.mlive.com/...crats-skeptical.html

"Trump’s announcement came after he spoke with U.S. Reps. John Moolenaar of Midland, Bill Huizenga of Zeeland and Jack Bergman of Watersmeet in the presidential limousine on the way to the rally, where they urged Trump to support $300 million in funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative."

Trump changes his mind based on the last person he talked to --- so this is his position until someone he talks to wants the complete opposite.

Thanks for the link. So the demagogue in Chief is making promises against the recommendation of his staff. Does he understand he is making friendly with the Green New dealers as well as the 3 republican congressmen. So it isn't all about us versus them. Wow, he is indeed a changed man. Long live the EPA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

yes you are correct. The man gets on a roll and facts stand ready to step aside for the words that are coming out of his mouth. He actually doesn't know what a Restoration Initiative is. If the effort was branded Make Lakes Great again it would have never been on the cutting table. Hell, if he was told that his comb over was a restoration initiative he would be perplexed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
I can't help but pile on. In that same Trump stump BS affair in Grand Rapids Mi., previously posted in the I know wind thread, as reported by Washington Post's David Nakamura, Mr Trump endeared himself to the locals with this expansive, yet disingenuous display of incomprehensible knowledge of local water.

Trump said he was going to fully fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, contradicting his 2020 budget proposal that massively cut the program.

He forgot to mention they're also wet.
Quote Reply