Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Healthy food is racist! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s a “kilometers”?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
j p o wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
It's hard to believe that articles like that are considered mainstream and acceptable.

I couldn't get through it. The more of it I read the dumber I got. By the time I got halfway I had forgotten how to read.

The really odd part is the article talks about trading in fast food for extravagant walnut salads etc... But... Someone please tell me how McDonald's is part of 'black culture'.

Is our resident racist Dave luscan in the house to explain this?

Ever been to mcds in “da hood”?

Burgerking chicken sandwiches are part of black culture

Back in the 90s in LA only Crips could go to Burger King.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like a mile, only better.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Bet you tell your wife 4.2 inches are better than 7.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Bet you tell your wife 4.2 inches are better than 7.

Well, 10 centimeters kind of does sound bigger then 4 inches...

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:
The second half of the article was spot on, it's not race it's class. Poorer people have always had worse diets than the better off.

But not because they have less money.

Healthy food is cheaper that unhealthy food.

Burger fries and soda at mc Donald’s will set you back around $10. I can get a pretty damn healthy and filling salad at Whole Foods for less than that.

Also, every single gas station I’ve been to that has a convenient store attached sells nuts, fruit, veggies, water...

Eating healthy is easy and cheap. All you have to do is try.

I'm going to just be nice about this instead of writing a bunch of dribble........you've got a lot more research to do as you're sorely out of touch.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
I'm not giving huffpost any clicks... but I wonder where Boston Market is ? They must be second.. I hate that place.

They still have Boston Market? I haven't seen one in years.

One time a decade ago I got a cockroach fried into the bread of my sandwich there. Maybe they were just before their time on alternative sustainable protein sources. Might have worked if they were more upscale.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:
The second half of the article was spot on, it's not race it's class. Poorer people have always had worse diets than the better off.

Burger fries and soda at mc Donald’s will set you back around $10. I can get a pretty damn healthy and filling salad at Whole Foods for less than that.

Also, every single gas station I’ve been to that has a convenient store attached sells nuts, fruit, veggies, water...

I'm going to just be nice about this instead of writing a bunch of dribble........you've got a lot more research to do as you're sorely out of touch.

How so?

I’m aware of the studies that claim junk food is cheaper but they’re measuring it per calorie and not per serving.

Ever try to eat 1,000 calories worth of kale?

Other than that I’m not sure what you’re jabbering on about. Maybe you could fill us in.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

Sometimes you are just trying to rile people up. Sometimes you’re just clueless. Today it’s the latter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

How so?

I’m aware of the studies that claim junk food is cheaper but they’re measuring it per calorie and not per serving.

Other than that I’m not sure what you’re jabbering on about. Maybe you could fill us in.

There are a lot of studies out there on the reasons of obesity and health disparities. You could go actually make an effort and read a few.

You should quit this while you’re already falling way behind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just left a gas station. Snickers bars are $1.89.

A tub of cut veggies (carrots celery) $1.39

Bananas for 29 cents each.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Duffy wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

How so?

There are a lot of studies out there on the reasons of obesity and health disparities. You could go actually make an effort and read a few.

There are plenty of studies on what people eat and availability. There are none on what people would eat if all options are laid out in front of them without supervision.

The vegetables would rot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Duffy wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

How so?

Yeah, people choose to eat what they eat. Are you going to address anything i wrote or just lob insults from the prone position?

Are you going to post a study showing that there is in fact white people food and black people food?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I am not. Because you will dismiss whatever I post behind your ignorant I’m a funny guy attitude. You’ve been here l enough. I know your MO. You just know better even though some of us work in healthcare.

Poster child for Dunning Kruger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
No I am not. Because you will dismiss whatever I post behind your ignorant I’m a funny guy attitude. You’ve been here l enough. I know your MO. You just know better even though some of us work in healthcare.

Poster child for Dunning Kruger.

So people who work in healthcare “know” that there’s white people and food and black peoples food?

I honestly don’t even know what you’re trying to dispute.

Are you saying that eating healthy isn’t really good for you?

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Mar 29, 19 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, just go drive around the poor and industrial parts of town and count the number of Whole Foods grocers there. Or just do a google search for name-brand quality grocers in different "parts of town".

Our government thinking pizza is a vegetable for reduced fee school lunches kind of goes against your argument totally. Cause that was all about money and we know how that went down. So, which did "your guys" determine was cheaper? Pizza as a vegetable in public schools, or whole foods and vegetables and salads?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot speak to every city in every state in the country but i have shopped in grocery stores in pretty much every bad neighborhood in Houston Texas and we manage to purchase and cook healthy meals at work. Not sure if that is what you where saying but that has been my experience for the last 16 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
It's hard to believe that articles like that are considered mainstream and acceptable.

I couldn't get through it. The more of it I read the dumber I got. By the time I got halfway I had forgotten how to read.
LOL. I can only handle so much stupid and quit part way through. What's next, calling snow racists?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Dude, just go drive around the poor and industrial parts of town and count the number of Whole Foods grocers there. Or just do a google search for name-brand quality grocers in different "parts of town".

Our government thinking pizza is a vegetable for reduced fee school lunches kind of goes against your argument totally. Cause that was all about money and we know how that went down. So, which did "your guys" determine was cheaper? Pizza as a vegetable in public schools, or whole foods and vegetables and salads?

Most common grocery store in south central Los Angeles is a chain called El Tapatio. Judging by your comments above it’s safe to assume that you’ve never been in one.

I’d be surprised, frankly, if you’ve ever even been in one of those “parts of town”.

And again, the majority of my work is done at retail gas stations and the majority of those gas stations are in those “parts of town”. Every one of them sells nuts, fruit, veggies and water. Most of those items are very very cheap.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [jec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jec wrote:
I cannot speak to every city in every state in the country but i have shopped in grocery stores in pretty much every bad neighborhood in Houston Texas and we manage to purchase and cook healthy meals at work. Not sure if that is what you where saying but that has been my experience for the last 16 years.

He has no experience. He’s just regurgitating bullshit he’s been fed by ideologs.

Wah, poor neighborhoods don’t have any healthy food to buy! Wah!!!!

It’s total bullshit.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I just left a gas station. Snickers bars are $1.89.

A tub of cut veggies (carrots celery) $1.39

Bananas for 29 cents each.

I live on the edge of the hood. First of all, the majority of the people in my hood don't have cars and the gas station doesn't have a tub of cut veggies. And we don't have McDs, but we do have 3 fried chicken places (Popeye's, Church's and KFC) within a block of each other. There is also the fried fish place within that same block. Not to mention the local soul food and BBQ places. Fresh veggies are a rare sighting in any of these. The Kroger that is in the neighborhood is thankfully changing to have more selection (lots of gentrification going on), but boy - when I first moved here, it was way more easy to get fatback or pork belly than decent fresh veggies (except for things like turnip greens which would then be cook with said fatback or pork belly).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy food is racist! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you live in Tennessee, I live in California.

I’ve been in nice areas of Tennessee where all you could get was fried chicken.

I also bought fireworks at a gas station in Tennessee.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next