Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders
Quote | Reply
Both Daniela Ryf and Lionel Sanders have announced their participation at IM Texas this year. Seems like a pretty stacked pro field.

Couple their talent with the known flat course, could we see a long distance world record be broken this year (this assumes the course will be the full 140.6 this year and no drafting).

Looking forward to the competition.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [mlevans1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stated this in a thread earlier specifically regarding Daniela racing both here and Austria - two notoriously fast courses. She probably has more control over it. I think Hanson's time from last year (the Ironman branded WR now I believe) will take some sort of perfect race, as he ran toe to toe last year and what, 2:34? Ridiculous.

It's going to be an amazing race to see no doubt!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think you missed the fact Lucy Charles is racing as well. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryf has a chance, but the men's time is going to be a stretch.

Hanson's 2018 Splits:

Swim: 52:31 (Sanders could probably hit this or go a little slower)
Bike: 4:07 (Sanders could beat this by a few minutes)
Run: 2:34 (Sanders can probably run within 10 minutes of that time on a great day)

Sure Sanders can out bike Hanson, but can he put enough time in on the bike to offset that run speed? Starky went 3:54:59 last year at Texas and Sanders is probably just a touch behind Starky.

The men's record is going to be pretty hard to touch

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a lot different bike course. Should be a bit slower.

Overall I have
1st. Ryf winning with World Record
2nd. Sanders
3rd. Matt Hanson
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

*Grabs popcorn*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Its a lot different bike course. Should be a bit slower.

Perhaps I am misreading this. Are you saying the Ironman Texas bike course is different this year?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats correct see new bike course here.

http://www.ironman.com/...22619%20cc%20web.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Talbot... Why do you think it'll be slower? Should still be flat as heck, but correct distance?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mlevans1 wrote:
Both Daniela Ryf and Lionel Sanders have announced their participation at IM Texas this year. Seems like a pretty stacked pro field.

Couple their talent with the known flat course, could we see a long distance world record be broken this year (this assumes the course will be the full 140.6 this year and no drafting).

I Can't find the pro start list, anyone have that for IM Texas. This explains Lionel's heavy volume so early in the season, really hope he is back on track fitness wise, this race will tell a lot as to his preparation for this year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
mlevans1 wrote:

I Can't find the pro start list, anyone have that for IM Texas. This explains Lionel's heavy volume so early in the season, really hope he is back on track fitness wise, this race will tell a lot as to his preparation for this year.

I think people are looking at the entry list.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take it Ryf didn't like all the talk about how Strong the Womens bike times were last year. She is going to prove a point about that.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Sweet! I figured we would only see them race once per year...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

Talbot... Why do you think it'll be slower? Should still be flat as heck, but correct distance?

It might only be 1.5 miles longer but that should be enough added time to put the record out of reach.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

Sweet! I figured we would only see them race once per year...

Lucy is racing SA in a week or two. I assume her being on the IMTX start list is a contingency plan if she doesn't punch her ticket at SA, but we'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
I take it Ryf didn't like all the talk about how Strong the Womens bike times were last year. She is going to prove a point about that.

And she will likely break it without drafting unlike the current "fastest" split established last year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we can assume she won't be doing both.

BTW: did you wear EMJ gear at the Houston (half) marathon and start a little ways back? I think I saw you on the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I did. I started towards the front of the A corral, but there were still quite a few folks in front of me (not sure how they got in front of A corral?). But you might have seen Clay Emge if the person you saw was really a ways back. He missed the A corral closing time and had to start at the back of the B corral iirc. And he still ran a 2:30:xx for the full!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Pro Field - Ryf and Sanders [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Yes I did. I started towards the front of the A corral, but there were still quite a few folks in front of me (not sure how they got in front of A corral?). But you might have seen Clay Emge if the person you saw was really a ways back. He missed the A corral closing time and had to start at the back of the B corral iirc. And he still ran a 2:30:xx for the full!!

yeah that makes more sense, actually. Did he run with 2 buddies, maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That women's field is rather insane.

What's the slot allocation for IM Texas?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think so, but don't know for sure.
Quote Reply