Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time XPresso ore XPro ..
Quote | Reply
.. are there any real world arguments/differences between the "carbon body" + steel axle models other than 20g [of weight] and looks .. maybe the bearings and their sealings ??

edit: to have fun every day is more important than being half a minute faster a day for me ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Mar 27, 19 22:04
Quote Reply
Re: Time XPresso ore XPro .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about what you're asking. I can say I have the carbon body/steel axle on the Look KEO. When I used to ride Speedplay, I actually liked the feel of steel better, just seemed less flexy than the ti axle. Seals should be the same unless a wildly different design.
Quote Reply
Re: Time XPresso ore XPro .. [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, thanks for asking .. I'd ask to compare the both Time models ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not owned the XPro, but I do own the Xpresso 6, 10, 12, and 15 pedals. I love them. Can't tell the difference. The cleats wear extremely quickly. I go through at least 2 sets every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got no data to support it, but the XPro looks as though it should be faster aerodynamically.
Quote Reply
Re: Time XPresso ore XPro .. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The metal cleats look a bit reduced in comparison to the RXS that is not available anymore .. I'll give the XPresso7 a try .. thanx for the replys !!

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Mar 28, 19 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cleats itself are not from metal .. since 32 years .. but it works fine so far and the big platform area is really nice for power transfer and feed back .. the first time easy 50/50 instead 49/50 l/r balance since the femur fracture .. great deal !!

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know two people who tried the Xpresso pedals with the "older" construction found on the Xpresso 2, 4, 6, 7 and 10 Pedals. Both had major pedal failures. For one of the guys, the composite pedal body cracked. He's a pretty heavy dude, but still something that shouldn't happen. The second guy (who is light) had no more than three different failures (!) on one pair of pedals:

1. The cleat contact-plate fell off the pedal. It was only attached with two short, little screws. Threaded in plastic if I'm not mistaken

2. The cotter that holds the carbon spring in place was too weak and started to bend.

3. One of the carbon springs broke.

Given this, my suggestion would be to try the Xpro 10, 12 or 15 instead. One can hope that with these new pedals, Time has addressed the design issues you'd get with the Xpresso pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Time XPresso ore XPro .. [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, sorry to hear about the failures .. thanks for the details .. I'll check the mentioned parts regularly .. after 400kms everything is fine with the Xpresso7 ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply