Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Catchy video
Quote | Reply
I heard someone talk about videos on youtube the other day where they mix old songs by Elvis with shuffle dancing so looked it up. I saw this one and for a reason I can't quite figure out, find it mesmerizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrlBIMTzIM
Quote Reply
Re: Catchy video [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
for a reason I can't quite figure out, find it mesmerizing

Me too. It is like they are floating or hovering.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Catchy video [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

it's manipulated. Watch the backgrounds, the movement is choppy. And the girls appear to be sped up. Technology to increase the impression of glide, and your brain is captivated, trying to figure it out.

all that said, cool vid, fun dancing, thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: Catchy video [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My best guess is they dropped frames when the feet touched the ground.
Quote Reply
Re: Catchy video [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:

it's manipulated. Watch the backgrounds, the movement is choppy. And the girls appear to be sped up. Technology to increase the impression of glide, and your brain is captivated, trying to figure it out.

all that said, cool vid, fun dancing, thanks for posting.

Maybe. But in ten minutes of searching I came upon many other shuffle dance videos. They are similar -- same illusion of floating and hovering. In some of them there are people walking in background and I see no evidence of missing frames, yet the dancing appears the same.

What I don't buy is Sanuk's story of how he found this video -- which includes the terms: hot, girls, dancing.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Catchy video [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I don't buy is Sanuk's story of how he found this video -- which includes the terms: hot, girls, dancing.

Ha that certainly sounds doubtful...

But in this case, 2 employees at work (both women) were talking and mentioned that there were a lot of videos of old Elvis songs on YouTube. One of them said she was watching the dancing with sexy girls so that is the part that piqued my interest. I did notice a number of them some with the same song and other Elvis songs.

In the video I posted, the only one that looks questionable to me is the girl dancing on the boardwalk but the first girl certainly doesn't look to be modified. The girl that amazes me is the lean girl dancing on what looks like a gym floor. She slides around as if on air.

I'm still mesmerized...
Quote Reply