Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why don't women understand? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something similar happened to me (back when I actually trained). Went out for a ride on a Friday a.m. and wasn't really looking forward to it at all. Stopped at a light about 10 miles in and a truck pulled up next to me with a woman driving. She looks over and says "nice legs ya' got there". I was too stunned to come up with a clever reply. The light changed, and I continued my ride with a much improved attitude. If that's harassment, I'll take all I can get.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Get that all the time, as if men are mind readers. I say to wife just ask me, to which she replies she shouldn't have to because I should be more observant.

Counselor here, can confirm. People are largely bad at expressing their needs to their partner.

From 4 years of marriage counseling I can agree with this. Apparently my wife went over 12 years eating pepperoni pizza only because that is what I liked. You should have seen the freedom and joy when she began ordering the pizza SHE wanted. Of course, she went 12 years not telling me this ... as if I cared if she ordered 1/2 and 1/2 or we ordered 2 small pizzas. We are now divorced. LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys have to just be trolling. Or you pick your women poorly. And your women have poor tastes in men.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Perseus wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Get that all the time, as if men are mind readers. I say to wife just ask me, to which she replies she shouldn't have to because I should be more observant.

Counselor here, can confirm. People are largely bad at expressing their needs to their partner.

From 4 years of marriage counseling I can agree with this. Apparently my wife went over 12 years eating pepperoni pizza only because that is what I liked. You should have seen the freedom and joy when she began ordering the pizza SHE wanted. Of course, she went 12 years not telling me this ... as if I cared if she ordered 1/2 and 1/2 or we ordered 2 small pizzas. We are now divorced. LOL
I love working with couples. Watching people find their voice and learn how to express their needs is really cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

A few years ago I was out on a long ride and stopped at a bar in the middle of nowhere to refill my water bottles. It was about noon and one of the patrons ( a middle-aged blonde biker gal) was already pretty well lit up. As I walked past her I got a "Woohoo! Legs of steel, LEGS OF STEEL!!"

Admittedly that sort of thing doesn't happen too often. Probably because most guys don't have legs of steel like I do. :-)

I bet you felt pretty good about yourself afterwards.

Maybe Gillette can have a commercial that tells women they need to step up their game and start complimenting men more often.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Communication us half the battle.

Compromise is the other half. My ex-wife was a brilliant communicator, and I'm very good at expressing my needs too. But communication is completely worthless without compromise and understanding. It makes no difference for someone to finally say "I want pepperoini" or "I think you are a horrible, awful person" or "I think our neighbor is totally doable"... All of these are examples of great honesty, but some of them should not be expressed. Men understand this a bit better than women in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't women understand? [JacobB1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JacobB1111 wrote:
Communication us half the battle.

Compromise is the other half. My ex-wife was a brilliant communicator, and I'm very good at expressing my needs too. But communication is completely worthless without compromise and understanding. It makes no difference for someone to finally say "I want pepperoini" or "I think you are a horrible, awful person" or "I think our neighbor is totally doable"... All of these are examples of great honesty, but some of them should not be expressed. Men understand this a bit better than women in my opinion.

Similarly, my wife loves to interrupt whatever I'm doing and show me something I have no interest in (social media posts, clothes for the kids, etc.) and then she gets offended by my lack of interest.
Quote Reply

Prev Next