Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good sunglasses for wide bridge of nose?
Quote | Reply
I kind of have a wide bridge of my nose, the bony part. Like if noses are usually an upside down V-shape, mine is more of an upside down U-shape. As a result, typical sunglasses sit very high on my nose, and often I can even see under the bottom of the lens.

Any suggestions on good sunglasses for this? What I'm currently mostly using is a pair of Oakley Jawbreakers, from which I've taken off the rubber nose bridge. This drops them down enough to work well, but the bare plastic isn't super comfortable on my nose. I have a pair of Julbos with the adjustable nose bridge, which sort of work but are still kind of narrow at the top. I have the cheapo safety glasses from Amazon, which I've thought of dremel-ing the nose section wider, and then gluing on a strip of inner tube, but haven't tried that yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Good sunglasses for wide bridge of nose? [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the "Asian Fit" nose -bridge rubber for your Jawbreakers? Other Asian Fit Oakley glasses might work for you also.
Quote Reply
Re: Good sunglasses for wide bridge of nose? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
Have you tried the "Asian Fit" nose -bridge rubber for your Jawbreakers? Other Asian Fit Oakley glasses might work for you also.

Thanks for the tip, I have tried them, but they're almost the opposite actually of what I'd like ideally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I thought about it some more, and the Asian Fit nose bridge would make matter worst. The other idea is to remove the stock rubber nose piece and build up that area with layers of soft silicone rubber that are not as thick.
Last edited by: RichardL: Mar 27, 19 16:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of have a wide bridge of my nose, the bony part. Like if noses are usually an upside down V-shape, mine is more of an upside down U-shape. As a result, typical sunglasses sit very high on my nose, and often I can even see under the bottom of the lens.

Any suggestions on good sunglasses for this? What I'm currently mostly using is a pair of Oakley Jawbreakers, from which I've taken off the rubber nose bridge. This drops them down enough to work well, but the bare plastic isn't super comfortable on my nose. I have a pair of Julbos with the adjustable nose bridge, which sort of work but are still kind of narrow at the top. I have the cheapo safety glasses from Amazon, which I've thought of dremel-ing the nose section wider, and then gluing on a strip of inner tube, but haven't tried that yet.

Just get plastic surgery & make your nose narrower. Seriously though, most of the Rudy Project sunglasses have bendable/customizable nose pieces. Wide, narrow, whatever you need. Although, the trick would be how wide is the nose, to fit between the cut out section where the nose protrudes. I can get you a discount on Rudy's if you like, just PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: Good sunglasses for wide bridge of nose? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:

Just get plastic surgery & make your nose narrower.

We'll call that plan B haha. Yeah Rudys were like the Julbos, definitely better than many others, but still sort of fundamentally designed for a narrower schnoz.
Quote Reply