Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used Scicon aero 2 vs EVOC?
Quote | Reply
I have an opportunity to buy a second hand Scicon bag - aero 2.0. Seller is asking $250obo. I currently live in Europe and my race travel will largely be by train or car so not super concerned about baggage handlers tossing my bike around on the tarmac! I have also seen a couple of 2nd hand EVOC bags similarly priced although location isn’t very convenient. assuming it’s in good condition, is it a decent bag and what’s a reasonable offer to make?
Quote Reply
Re: Used Scicon aero 2 vs EVOC? [suissetrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Scicon is a big bag, it does have the advantage of not having to pull the bike down as much before packing but that advantage can be outweighed by the actual size you are now needing to transport. How big is the car you will be trying to squeeze this into? are the trains likely to be crowded? these should all be taken into consideration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both of these and have traveled with both. The Scicon is nice because you don't have to remove your front end. However, if you drive a smaller vehicle and/or your front end is easy to remove and put back on, I'd probably go with the EVOC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently using the EVOC bag and it is indeed smaller than the Scicon bag. It served me well getting on and off small puddle jumping planes to large jets while participating in IM Cozumel.

As to your question, make sure all the internal bracing parts are present before offering anything. For a price, since both bags cost about the same, the the used price should be similar. Try $100 if you have to travel for the bag and see is the seller bites...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the info - very helpful! I live in the middle of nowhere so I’m largely limited to online info. We’ve just moved back to Europe so this will be my first Tri season here travelling with my bike. I haven’t traveled much by train and never before with a bike so not entirely certain what I’m in for! I have a reasonably big car so not overly worried about it fitting in there. However, probably better to go smaller on the train. Maybe it’s a better idea to rent a case and try before I buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the years I have seen so many broken handlebars with the Scicon bag when flying including one only last week on FB. If you are going you're not flying I'd go the Scicon for ease but if your going to fly then I'd use anything but...
Quote Reply