Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with a bike decision
Quote | Reply
If you had about 5500 to spend on a bike from Cervelo, Specialized, or BMC - what would you get? I also work in a shop so 5500 goes a pretty long way - plus I could also get Quintana Roo - GO!
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [Genji40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPD a P3, get a fancier handlebar, get a Quarq and some HED race wheels, etc. Pocket the extra $2k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above. Between those 3, get a P3 and swap the cockpit and front brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get a QR PR3 and upgrade the bars, front brake, wheels, get a good PM, fit and aero testing, etc. Or a P2, same deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting as this is exactly what I have been considering. Build up a PR3 frame with either Etap or Di2, Tririg cockpit and brakes, HED Jet 6 wheels, put my Vector 2 pedals on it. Clean, reliable, functional.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just went thru this process. Was leaning towards the QR PR4 Disc. Was going to upgrade the wheels and that put me around your price point. Found a 2017 Trek Speed Concept 9 with Di2 just before I pulled the trigger on the QR and decided to go in that direction. Saved some money on a great bike and we'll see how it works out this season. I felt like Cervelo; Trek and Specialized will all release new Disc Tri bikes later in the year. If I go back to a new bike, QR will be at the top and also will be assessing the new releases.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. I feel like a pr4 disc upgraded would end up being cleaner and more practical than a p3 upgraded. Draft box+bento and disc brakes seems like a pretty big win for the pr4. Hard to know what the cost of each would be to OP considering their discount but I would take a pr4 disc over a p3 any day in the current tri bike market.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go with a PR3 and build it up from a frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does SPD mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Help with a bike decision [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if OP works at a cervelo dealer then they'll know
Quote Reply