Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gronk Retires [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always wondered if Bird was an injury problem, or a hustle problem (meaning that he beat himself up because he played so hard).

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I always wondered if Bird was an injury problem, or a hustle problem (meaning that he beat himself up because he played so hard).
Both right? 6'-9" is a big body to throw around the hardwood like he did. It's also just plain.. a big body. Often more susceptible to injury to begin with and yeah he played hard and his body showed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add Rafael Nadal to that list. Both knees, hand, elbow, shoulder...
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bill Walton also.

Chrissie Wellington
Last edited by: PaperChase: Mar 26, 19 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [PaperChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bo Jackson

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
As a Pats fan I agree! As a Gronk fan I'm happy he made this decision. he's had like 4 back surgeries, couple of knees, a bunch of concussions...he's not yet 30 but has the body of a 60 year old. It was time for him, at least if he's gonna have any semblance of a happy life into his 50's and beyond.

Best TE I've ever seen, without question. Tony G had the better career, but Gronk was unstoppable in his prime, the best blocking TE in football, the speed of a slot receiver and the size of a DE. Special talent, and underratedly bright as a football player. And for all the party talk, he wasn't a big drinker, he just liked having fun.

I could see him owning some restaurants ala Wahlbergers. Doing some game show type stuff. C-list acting. He'll keep busy, keep being linked to models, living the good life as a 3-time SB winner and soon-to-be HoFer.

It's not a question of how he sips it; it's a simple question of weight ratios...

But seriously, 'not a big drinker' for a 260+lb dude of Eastern European descent could still be more than enough to put a lot of more ordinary folks in a coma...
Quote Reply
Re: Gronk Retires [PaperChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaperChase wrote:
Bill Walton also.

Chrissie Wellington

Bill's career certainly got cut short by injuries, but it wasn't really a similar case to guys like Gronk or Bo who were also freakishly powerful and played w/ a recklessly aggressive style that really amplified the amount of abuse they had to endure.

Bill was a more cerebral player who excelled based on footwork, positioning, and passing skills rather than simply overpowering or outrunning his competition; he was just fucking brittle as all hell, too. His most famous acute injury was breaking his foot from tripping on a sprinkler head in a park, not being gang tackled.
Quote Reply

Prev Next