Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainning 3 times/day - Am I doing it wrong?
Quote | Reply
In order to not wake up so early and be more present at home, 2-3 days a week I'm riding before work, swimming during lunch and running ~ 6PM. Bike is hard (TR Half High Vol), but run is easy (BarryP). I could, theoretically, run OTB if I wake up early, but right now I'm not in the mood for it.

Is there any downside to it or I'll be fine?
Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Trainning 3 times/day - Am I doing it wrong? [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly how I did it years ago, no issues at all from me and I had some top finishes in races.

You'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't see issues in theory, but just make sure not to stack too many hard workouts in a row.
Maybe 2nd day is easier workouts for all, and day 1 and 3 are the hard stuff.

I'm two a days most weekdays, and 3 a days when kids' outdoor practices starts.

It's very tempting to take advantage to get workouts in, but you have to keep in mind that sometimes more is not always better, but more in a smart way can be very beneficial.

Quality + quantity

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the only thing i think you need to keep your eye on is fatigue.

I was doing TR mid volume and a barry p-esque plan. I love me some trainer road, but their workouts can be tough and leave you drained. I always did the same... got up first thing in the morning and got my bike workout knocked out then would brick the run if i could or catch it later in the day. Over time i started running into fatigue issues.

Everyone responds differently to training stress... just listen to your body and if you start feeling tired and fatigued its your body's way of saying "hey buddy ease up". Don't be too stubborn to listen to your body.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Trainning 3 times/day - Am I doing it wrong? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with Damon.

If your fatigue is manageable and you are able to satisfy family and job, go for it.
Have you though maxed out on what you can get from 2 sessions a day, even at a lower volume?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainning 3 times/day - Am I doing it wrong? [FbOmRxD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly how I did it years ago, no issues at all from me and I had some top finishes in races.

You'll be fine.

Just because something works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for others...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you guys for your input!
Really appreciate
Quote Reply
Re: Trainning 3 times/day - Am I doing it wrong? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You'll be fine.

Just because something works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for others...

Well of course...but it currently IS working for them, so just providing input that if its not broken, don't fix it, from somebody else who's done it that way.

That being said, I did try to get some ROTB's in on the weekends as for ME, that was the most important thing I needed to work on, and didn't have in the weekday workouts.
Quote Reply