Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vivosport?
Quote | Reply
I am curious if anyone has a Garmin Vivosport? I would like to track my sleep patterns and this seems to be an affordable way to get into it.
Does anyone use it for that? any other observations?.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivosport? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used one for years to track sleep. It’s easier to wear to bed than my Fenix 5.

Sleep habits have improved, as I realized that I wasn’t getting enough rest when I looked at the metrics.

My final feedback is that Garmin has been wonderful about replacing broken straps on the device over the years, so kudos to them for customer service.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivosport? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your response.
I already have a edge 800 that I use for my rides, but I am wondering if you use this to track rides? obviously I wouldn't expect to see much data while I'm riding but does it work if you just want to upload to strava and track your milage?.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivosport? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Vivosport is for personal use, counting “uptime” such as steps and downtime (sleep). It really does not have the capacity to give anywhere close to the information gained on an 800, especially if you are using a power meter.

FWIW, I also have an 810 for the bike, a Fenix 5 for running and swimming, and I wear the Vivosport to bed when I track sleep metrics; Fenix 5 being relatively too heavy and uncomfortable to sleep in.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply