Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rules of Engagement for this thread is to post your Pad X and Pad Y (pad stack and reach), and if you know it, your Pad Z (pad width) as well as the bike that you're interested in. Remember, we're measuring to the *back* of the pads for these bikes. If you're not sure which bike, let's talk about what you're going to be using it for and go from there. If you're not sure about your fit coordinates, I'll walk you through it. If you're not sure your fit is a good one, I'll try to recommend you a competent fitter. Fit coordinates from a fitter will yield the best results in prescribing a new bike.

OK, so Pad X, Pad Y, and Pad Z to back of pads....

Eric,
Playing with Cervelo's online arm pad stack and reach calculator. Does Arm Pad Stack include Pad height? I'm trying to match my current fit coordinates from the old P5 to a P5D. Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coming back to the sport after a few years off and looking at bike options, as I sold my prior tri bike. Coordinates off my previous bike were:

pad stack: 638
pad reach: 557 (to middle of pad, I believe)
width: unknown

I believe that I can match those coordinates on any of the Ps with the help of the Tririg extenders and/or longer cups. Do any of you guys know if they're compatible with any/all of the Ps?

Specific use will be 70.3 and IM. I'm drawn to the P3x because I can shove 24oz. of fluid in the frame (eliminating one whole bottle from the wind) using the bento box replacement thing that a guy on here made and sells. Also, are beam bikes truly more comfortable? No matter the saddle, I always have issues after 2ish hours in the aerobars. If a beam would alleviate some of that it might be worth it to me. I don't need all the storage in the P3X because I'll be tubeless and liquid nutrition only, but again the in-frame hydration could be key.

On the other hand, a P-series with a Tririg front end would be doable too. But then I'd have another bottle to deal with (same with P5). My objective is to build the fastest bike that makes sense for how I want to use it.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated. I haven't thought about any of this stuff in years and it's making my brain hurt! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If my coordinates point me to 2 different sizes, are there any benefits to going for one of the other?

See attachment, I seem solidly in the fit zones for both the 56 and 58 p series. Both seem to have a decent amount of room to get lower and longer if my fit develops that way. or does getting longer on the smaller model require non-stock components (stem) etc or result in changes in the handling characteristics?

Just curious as there are a lot more 56s around for sale here but I see a lot of recommendations in this thread to go larger for similar pad x and y.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I'm a middle-of-pack age group triathlete looking to buy my first dedicated tri bike. I have it narrowed down between the Quintana Roo X-PR and the Cervelo P-Series. Obviously I want to buy the right size, but it's difficult to even find a bike to try out before buying so I'm using your service to help me at least figure out what size would work best for me. I have a fitter I use locally, so I'm mainly just concerned with the correct frame size and choosing the correct stem for my needs. Once I choose those I can have my fitter dial in everything else. I sent the exact info below to the fitter in the QR thread and got some great feedback, so hopefully you can do the same for a P-Series.

For the past couple of years I've been riding a Specialized Diverge gravel bike that I've made more triathlon-ready with clip-on aerobars and a Redshift seat post that allows me to quickly shift the saddle a few centimeters forward and up into a more tri bike-esque aero position. I know a gravel bike and a tri bike are different beasts, but I do like my current position, so I went ahead and took the measurements (with the saddle in the aero position):

Height: 1650 mm (5'5)
Inseam: 800 mm

Saddle height: 690 mm
Pad Y: 645 mm
Pad X: 385 mm

I think that's all you need, but let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I’m really hoping you may be able to offer me some advice on a p series (year 2020) frame size. I’ve previously had a TT fit on my Bianchi Aria (55cm). I used different aero bars and probably were slightly higher than the original fit. I’ve worked out the arm pad reach and stack from this and inputted onto the cervelo size checker, screen shot attached. Dims are to centre of pads. For reference I’m also 179cm tall.

It seems I’m suitable for a 54 or 56 size, is this right? Also what would be the difference when riding between the two sizes ? I’ve been offered a 56 to purchase but concerned it would be too big. It comes with Vision TFA snakebite bars https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ial-track/metron-tfa

Annoying seems like I can only upload one file? Have a pic of my fit, fit dims and proposed bike cockpit

Would be amazing if you could offer me some advice. Thank you, Alex
Quote Reply
Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Alexjw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Eric,

I had Cervelo P5 size 54 se picture, now buying a new P5 and based on Cervelo i can fit 51, 54 or 56 yet not sure which frame size will be the best.
I am 47 years old and 172 with short legs and long upper body and flexibility is not an issue.
Bike fit measurement
Reach 462 BB to back
Stack 608 BB
Saddle 716

Which frame size will you recommend ?

Thanks
Tomer

Last edited by: tshahar: Oct 4, 23 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [tshahar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is still active but I'm looking for a size suggestion for a new p-series. 2024 is my second year doing tri and I am going to move from a road bike (Canyon Endurace) to a tri bike for the first time. I plan to do an Oly distance and a 70.3 again this year. My fitter is suggesting a 58 cm but I think a 56 cm may work well too. Any feedback is appreciated!

Bike fit specs attached from my "Tri position" on my road bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Hoping you can assist. I have a 58cm Cervelo P5 and need more stack and reach (I have maxxed it out). Do you have any suggestions on which brands are best placed to get a new set up, up front to get a higher stack and reach? I've seen Sync used for the taller lad (I am 203cm) but not sure of compatability. Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next