Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible
Quote | Reply
Dan,

They are not even naming names; yet, you carry on like "you" or others could be dopers in another thread.

Do you have such a vested interest in sports that you can't admit to the history of doping across a wide number of sports? Or are you so jaded?

This is so disappointing for me to write. While I have no cure for the many ways that people can dope, many of the achievements that I've admired were achieved by people who had cheated.

A better discussion might be how do we live in world where one's honest results are going to be overshadowed by tainted results.

Now that answer could then apply to business, media, etc. and might be a positive (no pun intended) coming out of this.

How do you/we deal with the dishonesty?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Through the medium of sarcasm.

Though it's sometimes wasted on people....
Quote Reply
Re: Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Dan,

They are not even naming names; yet, you carry on like "you" or others could be dopers in another thread.

Do you have such a vested interest in sports that you can't admit to the history of doping across a wide number of sports? Or are you so jaded?

This is so disappointing for me to write. While I have no cure for the many ways that people can dope, many of the achievements that I've admired were achieved by people who had cheated.

A better discussion might be how do we live in world where one's honest results are going to be overshadowed by tainted results.

Now that answer could then apply to business, media, etc. and might be a positive (no pun intended) coming out of this.

Wait.... So when it was announced that someone, at some time blood doped in the state of Hawaii almost everyone assumed that it was a competitor at Kona. The very few who merely suggested that we did not have enough information to be super confident in that conclusion (me and Dan... anyone else?) were basically called naive, even when we both acknowledge that it very well might be someone at Kona. And then it turns out it was someone at the Honolulu marathon and you want to call out Dan for ignoring doping? It makes no sense.

I am as anti-doping as anyone here but I really don't get this.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Mar 24, 19 6:04
Quote Reply
Re: Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

**like*

(See, this is why we need like buttons)
Quote Reply
Re: Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
IT wrote:
Dan,

Wait.... So when it was announced that someone, at some time blood doped in the state of Hawaii almost everyone assumed that it was a competitor at Kona. The very few who merely suggested that we did not have enough information to be super confident in that conclusion (me and Dan... anyone else?) were basically called naive, even when we both acknowledge that it very well might be someone at Kona. And then it turns out it was someone at the Honolulu marathon and you want to call out Dan for ignoring doping? It makes no sense.

In one of the first post, I suggested it could also be paddle board, marathon, or Xterra, ....

I'm antidoping
I'm not naive
with complete lack of proof against Kona pro, indeed, I can just expect the sport is reasonably clean, with the help of continuous control

With complete lack of proof, it is just a matter of personal vision. Optimists are optimists, pessimists are pessimists... la vérité du sujet

As you (rowtotri) and iamuwere, I do not agree with the attack.
IMO, the word "fake" is too much.
Optimism of an optimist can be incredible to a pessimist, but imply it is fake is something else.
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Mar 24, 19 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you say it was the marathon? Because Marvel comics, sorry, bild zeitung said so? Too early to call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know what i wrote that has so offended you, but, just based on the tenor of your post, i'm so OVER people tweezing out a moral offense when no offense was given. if you have a reasonable question to ask me, or a reasonable point to make, i'm happy to hear it. if you just want to create a reason to harsh on me, then i'm obviously wasting my time with this post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dan - your faked incredulity towards doping and blood doping is incredible [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some people to understand that people can be hard-line anti-doping and yet have the emotional maturity to wait until facts are known before commenting or, worse, jumping on the often-wrong first reports and names to conduct trial-by-internet. The rush to internet judgement of anyone and everyone perceived of wrongdoing is counter to democratic process and justice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello RowToTri and All,

Hear! Hear!

RowToTri wrote: "Wait.... So when it was announced that someone, at some time blood doped in the state of Hawaii almost everyone assumed that it was a competitor at Kona. The very few who merely suggested that we did not have enough information to be super confident in that conclusion (me and Dan... anyone else?) were basically called naive, even when we both acknowledge that it very well might be someone at Kona. And then it turns out it was someone at the Honolulu marathon and you want to call out Dan for ignoring doping? It makes no sense.

I am as anti-doping as anyone here but I really don't get this. "

Well said.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
This is so disappointing for me to write.

Then don't write it.

It's called due processes. People used to burn women at the stake because they "just knew" they were witches....or dopers in your case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like an inappropriate post in the wrong medium. I'd recommend a simple apology and move on. Dan is smart and tolerant.

rc

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply