Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installation help -Omega X brake
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I am having rim clearance issues with my front Omega X brake when I put on my Flo 30 front wheel. I cannot seem to adjust the side screws to set the pad width any wider. Is it time to sand down the pads? Or is there anything I am missing that will get the pads out wider to clear the rim?
Thanks for any insight.
Quote Reply
Re: Installation help -Omega X brake [Mr Brightside] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you completely remove the set screws?
Quote Reply
Re: Installation help -Omega X brake [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Am I supposed to? I figured I should leave them in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the grub screws (on the side of the arms) are what you adjust to give you more clearance.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't have any trouble getting clearance on a 28mm brake track with newish Enve pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel free to shoot us an email (with photos please) and we can help you troubleshoot - support@tririg.com - you shouldn't have any issue using the brake on your FLO rims.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr Brightside wrote:
Hi all,
I am having rim clearance issues with my front Omega X brake when I put on my Flo 30 front wheel. I cannot seem to adjust the side screws to set the pad width any wider. Is it time to sand down the pads? Or is there anything I am missing that will get the pads out wider to clear the rim?
Thanks for any insight.

Confirm that your brake cabling isn’t an issue and that the wedge is not pulled up between the arms with the brake lever fully open. This is about the only reason there wouldn’t be plenty of pax width adjustment. Cable housing tension isn’t used to set pad width on the Omega, the brake cable should be tensioned to the wedge sits with the narrowest width between the arms. Then the brake lever screws are used to fine tune pad width.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Nick has replied.

I had to back the sets crews out pretty far. I ended up just removing them because they would have rattled out over time.

But as others have said. If you have backed out the screws and are still having issues then it’s probably a cable tension issue; and you need more slack.
Quote Reply